• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
August model and weather disco

weathafella

GFS is 74 at BDL tomorrow NAM has 82...one of the rare times the NAM exceeds the GFS :lol: 

But think it's going to be tough for BDL to get much above the lower 70's. 

I'm wondering though where MAV/MET derive their numbers sometime. MET has the 82 for BDL (highest 3-hr temp though is 79) but NAM bufkit comes nowhere close to hinting at those numbers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Well Ginxy is already doing lips and hips closing up pool and raking leaves. 

Surpringly lots of leaves in the pool and on the lawn. Diseased poplar and ash. Sucks we are slowly losing our forests. We all knew deep summer constantly was broken, hence back broken. Summer will last well in September as we all know. US open week is always hot. The sun is different like Ray said, just the time of year when gardens start really baring  the fruit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Surpringly lots of leaves in the pool and on the lawn. Diseased poplar and ash. Sucks we are slowly losing our forests. We all knew deep summer constantly was broken, hence back broken. Summer will last well in September as we all know. US open week is always hot. The sun is different like Ray said, just the time of year when gardens start really baring  the fruit. 

Wonder if the hottest temps of the year are going to end up being that mid-April hot spell. Many stations haven't beat that yet.

• Like 4

GFS prime for EML advection this upcoming weekend and early next week. Unfortunately nothing to really utilize it. Though I wonder if Monday night would have some MCS potential diving southeast out of Canada. Obviously a week out so unlikely to keep this look, but that would be an intriguing look for overnight MCS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Summer's back didn't break. 

All we did was transition from an anomalous stretch of high dewpoints to a more typical summer stretch...meaning we get a mixture of days with lower dews and then days with higher dews ahead of any approaching frontal systems. That's not summer's back breaking, that's pretty typical summer weather. 

More cold fronts, more organized precip, we transition. We bust Kevin's balls as he hates that saying and it appears his frat buddy Scooter hates it too.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

More cold fronts, more organized precip, we transition. We bust Kevin's balls as he hates that saying and it appears his frat buddy Scooter hates it too.

I get what you're saying but I also think our perceptions have become very skewed over the past decade-plus. IMO, what has transpired over the past few weeks and how the upcoming stretch looks just seems like more typical summer weather for us. When we start seeing more consistent fronts with highs 60's up north and 70's elsewhere with dews 40's/lower 50's behind the fronts that's when I would consider the back breaking. 

• Like 1