• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
August model and weather disco

weathafella

About the California potential deluge-was there during a summer before burgeoning nino in the late 70s.  Had tickets to a Dodger game honoring Willie McCovey and it got rained out by a tropical storm that dropped 3 inches in LA which is ridiculous in august when climo is something like 0.1 for the month.   So while uncommon it does rarely happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

About the California potential deluge-was there during a summer before burgeoning nino in the late 70s.  Had tickets to a Dodger game honoring Willie McCovey and it got rained out by a tropical storm that dropped 3 inches in LA which is ridiculous in august when climo is something like 0.1 for the month.   So while uncommon it does rarely happen.

I feel like something else happened a couple of years ago too. Like indirect effects. But some models legit have landfall there which would be extremely rare.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Still in the upper 60s at 1230pm. The GFS struggles out of the 50s here Saturday. Then a couple warm days and we cool it down again. BOS will have a chance to pull a BN JJA.

Looks like some pretty extreme temp changes, for August standards, in the extended.

Legit ending in some sorts to summer after like Monday. Gah.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, dendrite said:

+1C over Ray's head in August. Yore.

GFSNE_850_temp_243.png

Of course it will probably verify as +15C lol

I lost the link to the RAOB records....what are the coldest readings at GYX in August for 850mb? IIRC, late August 1986 had a brutal cold shot where 0C 850s got down to ORH-BOS

2 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Been to Austria, it's amazing. You won't want to leave

I’ve heard great things about Budapest.  Looking forward to that, but also Vienna.

Just resting tonight trying to get jet lag out of the system, 9pm here.

I see back home my neighbor had 1.13” of rain today and our next door Stowe Country Club is under water.  What a summer for water.

2FDF529E-D06B-413F-8F54-856DDD35406C.jpeg.47d1a75f649cc5594dd06401fd019c9a.jpeg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I lost the link to the RAOB records....what are the coldest readings at GYX in August for 850mb? IIRC, late August 1986 had a brutal cold shot where 0C 850s got down to ORH-BOS

The 1965 shot is tops. CON hit 29F in August in that.

That 1986 one is next.

gyxaugraobs.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’ve heard great things about Budapest.  Looking forward to that, but also Vienna.

I see back home my neighbor had 1.13” of rain today and our next door Stowe Country Club is under water.  What a summer for water.

Play it where it lies 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah that sounds like a great trip, would love to see Hungary and Poland too someday.  I'd bet the wx is better there than here.

• Like 1