Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
August model and weather disco

weathafella

June: 7.89"
July:  3.85"
August:  4.27" already.  Met summer 16.01", in 5th place but way behind the 23.82" of 2009.

0.60" overnight, had not begun at 11:30 and GYX regional data 2A-8A suggests it was done before that period, so pretty dense precip.  Even moreso next door - Farmington's 2 cocorahs obs were 1.77" and 1.28".

20 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Tomorrow looks very interesting just off to the West. I'm not sure if we will get stuff to maintain moving into western Mass and northwestern Connecticut but that's some pretty good deep layer shear and directional shear. Also, lapse rates don't look as terrible as they did a few days ago.

Slight risk out to western/central CT 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Was shocked to see it expanded so far East. 

Pretty favorable CAPE/shear setup around 00z as far east as I-91.

If the NAM is right with the front timing Sunday could be fun for the coast Boston, Providence, New Haven, etc. Quite a bit of CAPE and deep layer shear. Could be some decent hail. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Pretty favorable CAPE/shear setup around 00z as far east as I-91.

If the NAM is right with the front timing Sunday could be fun for the coast Boston, Providence, New Haven, etc. Quite a bit of CAPE and deep layer shear. Could be some decent hail. 

CAPE/shear combo is certainly impressive. HRRR looked pretty decent with getting storms into central CT with the NAM a big lagged. I saw your post last night about Sunday, that's a pretty decent along the coast on east with good lapse rates. 

46 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Forgetting to wear underwear and trying them on nude? Not keeping some of them and putting back on racks?

Was this you?

"The officers eventually made their way upstairs and heard a sound coming from the electronic department. There, they found a man dressed in a white shirt and Baby Yoda swim shorts."