Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
August model and weather disco

weathafella

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s why I said night of the killer tor. That was a once in 25 year SNE storm . Down south it happens 3x a year in middle of night 

I came home from the bar blitzed. Weather radio goes off at 3a for a tornado warning and it was legit strobe light OK style lighting. I was in Marshfield and we had some big winds, but no real damage. Seemed worse by Easton area. Seeing the trees swaying during the flashes of lightning was pretty wild. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I came home from the bar blitzed. Weather radio goes off at 3a for a tornado warning and it was legit strobe light OK style lighting. I was in Marshfield and we had some big winds, but no real damage. Seemed worse by Easton area. Seeing the trees swaying during the flashes of lightning was pretty wild. 

It’s possible a somewhat lesser version of that happens tomorrow night. Same time of year with “ somewhat” similar parameters. The caveat being SNE typically fails abs most expect it to . But at some point it won’t.. and that could be a turning point towards at least somewhat more frequent severe . The last 5 years have blown Kooky Kenny’s pet donkey that he keeps posting that no one understands.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s possible a somewhat lesser version of that happens tomorrow night. Same time of year with “ somewhat” similar parameters. The caveat being SNE typically fails abs most expect it to . But at some point it won’t.. and that could be a turning point towards at least somewhat more frequent severe . The last 5 years have blown Kooky Kenny’s pet donkey that he has. 

I think that event had steep lapse rates from hell 

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

I never realized how cheap it is to replace a cracked windshield. I thought it was like $1000+. I’m hoping we get giant hail tomorrow. I’ll core punch 

It depends on what type of car you have.  High-end euro cars are incredibly expensive.  I own an insurance agency.  Just saw a $4,700 claim on a windshield...a new record!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

18z evolution was interesting on the GFS.

It pops this ridge around the 20th which would be quite hot/summery.

B6AF26BF-3318-44B2-B4F6-B133749D8195.thumb.png.b1fb7572f4a7ea8cc7fe2ffc2bf0e795.png

But the persistent pattern just returns by the end of the run.  It will be interesting to see if the growing signal of a Midwest ridge has any staying power.

1679CA78-77F6-4A9A-AA96-B4CCEBBC5086.thumb.png.3247539ec0a3200ddec2258af3e16ec3.png

Probably a precursor to DJF

• Sad 1
  • Weenie 1