• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 16, 2023 Flooding & Tornado Potential

WxWatcher007

1.00" on the piton.  First time since putting out the Stratus in 2009 that the inner cylinder was full and the outer still dry on the inside.  Yesterday's 71/68 was the first July day here with that small a diurnal range, and the 71 came at my 9 PM obs time the night before.  During daylight the temp wiggled between 68 and 69.  Highest I saw in Maine was Bethel at 2.77".  Two towns to my west in Temple there was 2.05" but in between at Farmington it was closer to 1.2".

Glad to see the sun today, a rare treat during the past 6-7 weeks.  Would really like some real (smoke-free) Canadian cool air; it's been 3+ weeks with constant dewiness.  Month to date is running +4, with highs at +1 and lows at +7.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

That's gone almost for sure. Even 1" can be too much. Believe it or not .25-.50" is ideal. Obviously factors like soil composition, rainfall rate, etc matter too.

yeah, a complete waste of $125

42 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Isn’t that the type of application it’s for though?

and do you have any other recommendations?

the thing with CLR is that it needs to be rinsed out/wiped off within 10 or so mins per the label. my GF is not good at this type of stuff and she sprayed it in the shower. it actually scored/damaged the stone threshold and scarred/pitted the fixtures. All because she didn't wipe it off or rinse it off.

best bet for you would be a regular cleaning with a stiff nylon bristle brush.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, klw said:

Wife reports backyard is series of waterfalls again with the flat area having more water than last Monday.  Town (4 miles away) is dry.

Now at 2.02 inches and another cell has formed behind the first 2.

Wow, almost sunny here in Barre.