Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

20 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Another .20” this evening.   The atmosphere just can’t help but rain around here this summer.  Our neighborhood has not been too bad but people are really complaining about mosquitoes up and down the valley.

Horrid. My house in suburbia is usually not too bad. This year I might as well be camping with tamarack.

2 hours ago, forkyfork said:

impressive

map.png

CON will finish 83.8 (+0.8) / 62.8 (+3.6)

Definitely a meh way to get there…especially with all of the clouds and rain. But that’s pretty much the new normal with the torching arctic and the inability to get real fronts down here in the peak of summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Torch Tiger said:

Men in suits laughing at this "coc".  mostly cloudy, cool day here.  Yay

It’s true. Today wasn‘t at COC levels in respect to the true meaning of the phrase.

Chamber of Commerce is the weather you’d see on a town’s brochure or marketing collateral. Smiling faces walking around because they are so comfortable in such a nice environment, ha.

Sky needs to be mostly sunny to small puffy Cu. Not all humidity driven.  I’d even wager that COC for a beach or oceanside/coastal community should be more hot and humid than inland. Sunny warm/hot day is what they would use in a Chamber brochure there for a beachside vibe.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s true. Today wasn‘t at COC levels in respect to the true meaning of the phrase.

Chamber of Commerce is the weather you’d see on a town’s brochure or marketing collateral. Smiling faces walking around because they are so comfortable in such a nice environment, ha.

Sky needs to be mostly sunny to small puffy Cu. Not all humidity driven.  I’d even wager that COC for a beach or oceanside/coastal community should be more hot and humid than. Sunny warm/hot day is what they would use in a Chamber brochure there for a beachside vibe.

It was a solid Coc day until the afternoon, then it was "meh" and got worse towards sunset.  I'd rather it be 85/70 and mostly cloudy than what it was, but jmo.  I know some like it 65/45 in July, that's fine but I like 65/45 in January :D

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Sky needs to be mostly sunny to small puffy Cu. Not all humidity driven.  I’d even wager that COC for a beach or oceanside/coastal community should be more hot and humid than inland. Sunny warm/hot day is what they would use in a Chamber brochure there for a beachside vibe.

Who appointed you a supreme COC Justice?

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, dendrite said:

CON will finish 83.8 (+0.8) / 62.8 (+3.6)

Definitely a meh way to get there…especially with all of the clouds and rain. But that’s pretty much the new normal with the torching arctic and the inability to get real fronts down here in the peak of summer.

heat is heat

2 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

heat is heat

Not going to get into thermodynamic semantics with you, but if we’re going to have a top 5 warm July I’d like it to come with more sun and some 95+ readings. The most interesting thing about this month was the rain. A bunch of lows in the 60s doesn’t really move my needle. Congrats everyone on all of the joules though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

You should have been at the beach today in SRI. Your whole perspective of a chamber day was hit today.i mean it was a stunner down here. Glad we dont live near Torch Tiger. Here 82 hi 57 low RH 38% at 82⁰. Nape is deep brown. We sun

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not going to get into thermodynamic semantics with you, but if we’re going to have a top 5 warm July I’d like it to come with more sun and some 95+ readings. The most interesting thing about this month was the rain. A bunch of lows in the 60s doesn’t really move my needle. Congrats everyone on all of the joules though.

there are no semantics in measured quantities. there was consistently enough heat in the atmosphere for this region of the country to have a top 10 warmest july

7 hours ago, forkyfork said:

there are no semantics in measured quantities. there was consistently enough heat in the atmosphere for this region of the country to have a top 10 warmest july

Yes it was a very warm July.  You know the temps in New England didn’t reach very high. Yes there was a lot of thermal energy.  There was tons of moisture.  

It was a sucky way to dew it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

July numbers:

Avg. max:   77.4  +1.1     Warmest:  89, on the 6th
Avg. min:    59.2  +4.5   Coolest:  50 on the 30th and 31st.  2nd July that failed to get below 50, mildest avg minima, 0.5° above 2010.
Avg. mean:  68.3  +2.8  2nd warmest behind 2010 and barely above 1999.

Precip:  3.85"  0.16" BN   1.02" on 7/2 the biggest day.

One day with thunder, tied with 2010 for least in July.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We drove through some of that north of Brunswick etc heading towards Gouldsboro.   Insane rates and lots of small branches done.     We were taking back roads and it was pretty nasty

That one went right thru Brunswick as it blew up between me and there.

• Like 1