Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2023

Stormlover74

5 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Try the Alaska coast. All the rain you could ever want, some of the most beautiful perfect weather ever and 100-500 inches of snow a year depending on the elevation of your house (or where you ski).

Sounds glorious 

35 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

And we wait. If we get skunked again tomorrow, I’m going to move to a rainforest 

Move to Hilo in Hawaii, all the rain you could ask for and when you're tired of it, just go to the dry and sunny side of the island. 

Heavy thunderstorms are likely tonight into tomorrow. Excessive rainfall that could produce flooding is likely in parts of the region.

An extreme heat event grips the Southwest. Cities such as Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Tucson could see readings continue to rise toward or above their record daily levels. Las Vegas could challenge its monthly and all-time record. Death Valley could approach or reach 130°, which is the highest temperature ever reliably recorded. The excessive heat could extend across parts of California, Nevada, New Mexico and a large part of Texas.

Select highs today:

Blythe, CA: 118° (old record: 117°, 1998 and 2006)
El Centro, CA: 116° (tied record set in 2019)
Kingman, AZ: 114° (old record: 110°, 1911) ***New all-time record***
Needles, CA: 121° (tied record set in 2006)

The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was +3.3°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was +1.0°C for the week centered around July 5. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged +2.78°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged +0.92°C. El Niño conditions have developed and will likely continue to strengthen through at least the summer. The probability of an East-based El Niño event has increased.

The SOI was -2.28 today.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was -0.645 today.

On July 13 the MJO was in Phase 2 at an amplitude of 0.817 (RMM). The July 12-adjusted amplitude was 0.990 (RMM).

Based on sensitivity analysis applied to the latest guidance, there is an implied 72% probability that New York City will have a warmer than normal July (1991-2020 normal). July will likely finish with a mean temperature near 79.2° (1.7° above normal).

• Thanks 1

So I just watered my veggie garden in lynbrook Sw Nassau county. It’s beyond thriving because I water no matter the forecast. My dads veggie garden at the house I grew up in and built, is awful. Because he will not water when there is heavy rains in the forecast. I think we all score tomorrow, maybe all flood. But better save then sorry when it comes to plants. 

• Like 1

We've had thunderstorm chances for what seems like the last ten days..going on two weeks..it's obvious we're in a pattern conductive for convection. 

I think some of you forget how for the last two summers were basically bone dry. 

In a pattern like this , you'll get your rain unless you live on long island :P

• Like 1