Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2023 General Discussion

Spartman

17 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Even tho where I live is tucked outta the way and not impacted too much by the influx... I still, strongly dislike the tourists!

356907317_650770513746043_8800331849570895768_n.jpg.868e72a6410ad1d686f222cbb7214788.jpg

Looks like Northshore traffic every summer. Pop growth at least doubles around here in summer. Sirens going off nearly everyday from police/ambulance. It really does get annoying. 

I really would feel uncomfortable being stuck going really slow on that bridge, tho. The "what if" willy runs up the spine just thinking about it. MSP collapse coming to mind.

When I was younger, some of my friends called tourist season "terrorist" season from the sheer bulk of people coming in, and their big city driving habits. Hence the regular sirens. But business here makes most of their money now, so it's a double edged sword.

23 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Looks like Northshore traffic every summer. Pop growth at least doubles around here in summer. Sirens going off nearly everyday from police/ambulance. It really does get annoying. 

I really would feel uncomfortable being stuck going really slow on that bridge, tho. The "what if" willy runs up the spine just thinking about it. MSP collapse coming to mind.

When I was younger, some of my friends called tourist season "terrorist" season from the sheer bulk of people coming in, and their big city driving habits. Hence the regular sirens. But business here makes most of their money now, so it's a double edged sword.

Kinda how Florida feels March-may with spring break

Been a long time since I have seen a major bust in the right direction like Chi Town got today.:cry:  The past 2 days everything has found a way to miss.  I should sell myself a a weather curse to towns that don't want bad weather :lol:.  I could be an instant millionaire ;)

8 minutes ago, Lightning said:

Been a long time since I have seen a major bust in the right direction like Chi Town got today.:cry:  The past 2 days everything has found a way to miss.  I should sell myself a a weather curse to towns that don't want bad weather :lol:.  I could be an instant millionaire ;)

We got all day still I’m sure you will get some nice ones later! All that still has to rotate through Michigan. Hopefully a big blow up as we get deeper into the evening

19 minutes ago, Powerball said:

I know there are a lot of opinions on this event, but gotta feel bad for those that were excited for it. At best they may get a few hours of driving in. All the fanfare, etc have pretty much been canceled with this mesolow sitting and dumping on the city.

3 hours ago, Powerball said:

100s aren't happening for Palm dude's part of the country as long as those Canadian wildfires rage on.

The GFS is also mixing to about 650-700mb to get that absurd surface output. It advertised that last year too, at time frames a lot sooner than 300hrs+, and it didn't remotely pan out then either. Whenever GFS 2m temps are spitting out 110+ in the midwest or GL, it's because it's got some broken mixing scheme going on.

• Like 1

Looks like MSP getting some needed rain this a.m. (although not much), and possible svr wx on tap this aftrn/eve. Might be a wash for fireworks tonight here in parts of MN n WI.

A quick 0.05" fell yesterday aftrn with a line of stms. A quick check on TH co-op temps, and they hit 85 last Fri (a.m. stn, so recorded for Sat). That's pretty hot for the shoreline, but the wind was offshore just enough for them to reach that temp. That was a hot day along the North Shore. Top 10 temp for either day. Low 90's is record territory. 

I keep getting localized afternoon downpours on the US-131 lake breeze.  Picked up another unexpected 0.5” in about 15 minutes.  Florida type downpour.  New green grass is popping up, but mosquitos are out again too, unfortunately.  Will be annoying for fireworks watching.  

The immediate lake shore has been missing out on rains though.  Still need an MCS that shares the wealth more widely.

3 hours ago, hardypalmguy said:

Still a desert here in Saukville. Yikes. Everything is missing me.

On this side of the lake Holland to Muskegon is also still super dry, like bone dry dry.  A lot of the shoreline north of Ludington is pretty dry as well .  Most of the rain lately has been at least 20 miles inland, but there are also big dry holes in and around the Lansing area.  Classic lake breeze pattern.  Solid relief is all from I-94 south.