Saturday. There is some disagreement among solutions though as to
how far north the deeper moisture and better instability will be,
so kept shower chances on the lower end for now. Still looks like
there will be a chance for more rounds of showers and storms at
times Sunday into mid-week next week as additional shortwaves move
through the area. Not a lot of confidence in higher precip chance
for any particular day at this point given model differences with
timing and strength of these systems. Temperatures will likely be
near to a little above normal during this period.

3 hours ago, WestMichigan said:

I am going out on a limb here and saying you got rain last night.  Not sure why all the complaining.

It really wasn’t looking as certain earlier if you were watching the radar closely.  Could have been a better light show up here but it did rain.  Still waiting for a really good show this year.

15 hours ago, frostfern said:

Some lake shadow bullshit.  Same is it always was.  Chicago wins again.

The past 10 days you have had a lot more than MBY.  Chicago has had some good events now in the past week or so but so has several area's in lower MI.  I like that it is active as I know for MBY will get missed at times and hammered during others.  Normally the hammering happens which I am out of town <_<.  This time it didn't for change as I was out of town the past 5 days.  Hopefully one of these events soon set's up just right. :popcorn:

19 hours ago, Chinook said:

As some have said (ALEK?) Cooler by the lake!  With a dew point of 73 over the water

cooler by the lake.jpg

That would be both of us mentioning that. Cooler by the lake is the norm into July around here, but a bit more dramatic than what your showing.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lightning said:

The past 10 days you have had a lot more than MBY.  Chicago has had some good events now in the past week or so but so has several area's in lower MI.  I like that it is active as I know for MBY will get missed at times and hammered during others.  Normally the hammering happens which I am out of town <_<.  This time it didn't for change as I was out of town the past 5 days.  Hopefully one of these events soon set's up just right. :popcorn:

Last night was very beneficial rain and good coverage as well.  Just not the light show I wanted.  Not video or photoshoot worthy anyways.  There’s been a lot of popup tropical downpours lately with occasional rumbles. Very beneficial local rainfall but not really “events”.  Still waiting for a squall line thats worth driving to the lake to see.  

44 minutes ago, frostfern said:

Last night was very beneficial rain and good coverage as well.  Just not the light show I wanted.  Not video or photoshoot worthy anyways.  There’s been a lot of popup tropical downpours lately with occasional rumbles. Very beneficial local rainfall but not really “events”.  Still waiting for a squall line thats worth driving to the lake to see.  

That is good to hear about the beneficial rains. We got nada yesterday and last night.  From my understanding we didn't get much IMBY (I wasn't here) the past 5 days as the heavier rains went around.  My rain gauge sadly agrees.  Glad I missed a miss. :lol:

2 hours ago, Lightning said:

That is good to hear about the beneficial rains. We got nada yesterday and last night.  From my understanding we didn't get much IMBY (I wasn't here) the past 5 days as the heavier rains went around.  My rain gauge sadly agrees.  Glad I missed a miss. :lol:

Yea.  The main MCV was headed more northeast rather than southeast, and what came through here was already on its last legs in terms of having instability to work with.

Last night's storms really packed a punch from some just northwest of South Bend. I was outside as the storm came in and observed gusts 40-45 mph in my neighborhood. But some downbursts/microbursts around the airport caused a lot of tree damage in those surrounding neighborhoods. I just noticed this 79 mph report from last night:

0137 79 3 WNW South Bend St. Joseph IN 4170 8632 ASOS station KSBN South Bend International Ap.

21 hours ago, hardypalmguy said:

That's probably dead tomatoes.

Astute gardeners around these parts are ready for this. Scattered frost in lower lying locations during summer is not uncommon. Radiational cooling with CA highs is a common feature of our summers. 45N is a different world :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

We are now in the warmest part of the year based on average highs in Minneapolis. 

90FBEBDB-AC71-44F7-8435-8ADAA0625C34.jpeg

I still don't get why they insist on calling it 'normal'.  It is an average (as you said).  If each day did exact what that chart showed it would be the most abnormal weather ever for the Midwest/Great Lakes.

• Like 2

The drought has been murdered in my backyard. I've gotten 5.5" of rain since the derecho on the 29th, including an unexpected 2.5" last night. Unfortunately most of my bareroot tree and shrub plantings were killed in the drought but at least it relieves me from watering the trees that survived for the time being.