Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2023 General Discussion

Spartman

2 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

On the western edge of tomorrow's setup here.  Hoping we can cash in on a decent rainer as we still desperately need the moisture.  

Hope there is actually a solid rainfall up here too.  This spotty afternoon popup stuff isn't completely cutting it.  

• Weenie 1

8 hours ago, frostfern said:

On this side of the lake Holland to Muskegon is also still super dry, like bone dry dry.  A lot of the shoreline north of Ludington is pretty dry as well .  Most of the rain lately has been at least 20 miles inland, but there are also big dry holes in and around the Lansing area.  Classic lake breeze pattern.  Solid relief is all from I-94 south.

If you aren't east of US-131 then it isn't raining right now.  We have had some in the past week that missed the GRR area also but I noticed on Monday around Conklin it is still quite dry and like you mentioned the immediate lakeshore is dry also.

Unfortunately, this active pattern is playing out like the op Euro has been predicting.  The storm train will continue to dump rain from the central plains to Missouri and Arkansas, but up here there will be little to nothing.  We got the nice one inch of rain on June 24th, but instead of being the beginning of a change to a wetter pattern, it was just a one-time tease.  Today's rain chance is pretty low and next weekend's event is gone.  The next chance is a week away, yet again.  It's nice there is no heat, but it has been a frustrating and boring spring/summer.

• Sad 1

recent rains here have brought these massive bugs... like Amazonian type critters, maybe 2-3 inches long, they just sorta bumble around right above the grass and run into stuff. no biting sucking or stinging though. anyone know what they are?

1 hour ago, WestMichigan said:

If you aren't east of US-131 then it isn't raining right now.  We have had some in the past week that missed the GRR area also but I noticed on Monday around Conklin it is still quite dry and like you mentioned the immediate lakeshore is dry also.

Yea.  There’s the strip between I96 and RT 10 that got that training event last week, then there’s a lake breeze popup zone along and just east of 131.  Between I96 and I94 and away from the lake breeze convergence zone that set up the last few afternoons its super dry still.

0.41" of rain yesterday. It all moved out before the fireworks, so a good show. 0.46" for the first days of July, and looks like a little more over the weekend possible. As I mentioned last month, just off n on chances of precip with Aug looking wetter. Then Fall.

Back-to-back days with 90's across the area. Yesterday was perfect for the 4th, with highs in the 90's, some humidity, and afternoon isolated showers/t'storms in the area.

Yesterday it topped out at 92 at ORD and MDW, and 90 at RFD. Today it topped out at 91 at ORD and 92 at MDW, with RFD 89'd.

...2023 90°+ Day Tally...
8 - ORD
7 - MDW
7 - DPA
7 - ARR
6 - LOT
5 - RFD
5 - PWK
2 - UGN

• Like 1