Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The days of using op runs for forecasts are going away . It’s going to be all short and long term ensembles based. Which is why you can’t cut and paste an op icon run and and say no warmth or dews 

To be fair, ineedsnow never mentioned dews at all during the interactions. Several times now it’s been insinuated dews was somehow in that discussion… there isn’t even a product that shows temps and dews on the same map.

It’s always looked dewy, but the 88-93F stuff seems unlikely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

To be fair, ineedsnow never mentioned dews at all during the interactions. Several times now it’s been insinuated dews was somehow in that discussion… there isn’t even a product that shows temps and dews on the same map.

It’s always looked dewy, but the 88-93F stuff seems unlikely.

This!

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

31 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Eh, I wouldn't say unlikely.  As-is the 18z gfs is putting out 85-90 with dews on 6/24

Yeah you’re right, we’ll start splitting hairs over temps… 85F vs 88F, etc.  Guess I should say widespread 90F like those high heater runs of the GFS had for multiple days.  But that 18z run is plenty hot BOS to BDL with several days 83-90F.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah you’re right, we’ll start splitting hairs over temps… 85F vs 88F, etc.  Guess I should say widespread 90F like those high heater runs of the GFS had for multiple days.  But that 18z run is plenty hot BOS to BDL with several days 83-90F.

Looks like a pattern style where if anyone gets a decent amount of sun, the temps will torch.  We'll see.  At least we get dews up for a more mid-summer feel.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Looks like a pattern style where if anyone gets a decent amount of sun, the temps will torch.  We'll see.  At least we get dews up for a more mid-summer feel.

Yeah that’s what it seemed to do there… bit more sun, less rain, hotter maxes.  Either way pretty consistent ~70F dews it’s seems.

”Real feel” is probably the same either way.  78/73 with rain or 87/66 with sun.

4 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Yeah.. if it never hit 90 rest of the summer that’s fine. Just get dews 68-75 and that keeps most folks in good spirits and summer vibes. And can hang outside at night in tees and no worries about bringing an arm cover 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah.. if it never hit 90 rest of the summer that’s fine. Just get dews 68-75 and that keeps most folks in good spirits and summer vibes. And can hang outside at night in tees and no worries about bringing an arm cover 

I'd prefer like 90/70 for a few weeks like most summers, but agree.  85F and a HI of 92 works

• Like 1

I just picture someone getting so angry and irate at pleasant, comfortable weather and it makes me laugh every time.  Throwing things in the house, because it’s super comfortable.  Then rejoicing and throwing celebrations as soon as the weather gets uncomfortable… like whew, it was too nice. Glad that’s over. Always makes me chuckle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Earlier this evening the wife and I were walking the dog and it was a perfect June evening.  64/54.

Warm enough for shorts, but refreshing at the same time.  Whole Rec fields and Path were empty, on such a gorgeous day.

I said something like why is no one around? My wife says “Because it’s 8:20pm. Folks have dinner and are home for the night.”

It was so light out and I had lost track of time… this is 8:20pm, it’s brighter than 1-2pm in the winter.

Sunset is at 8:40pm.

92E32B09-88D3-49ED-BFC9-43B7B55D779D.thumb.jpeg.3b41b9a72647420ab3b0c5953d8300de.jpeg

4F1942D4-629F-4F14-B036-E6CCAE366772.thumb.jpeg.df3b0d4b17965ec3a0f763975617a40d.jpeg

• Like 10

7 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Definitely a lot of haves and have nots. Even with little rain, my solar production has been abysmal for June. A lot of clouds (and smoke) and nothing to show for it other than browning grass.

Civility needs to be incentivized into using more renewable energy sources, and smoke comes along just in time to reduce a solar's efficacy ...  perfect

20 hours ago, kdxken said:

Anybody else notice the lack of Black flies? None here. Not that I'm complaining but it's likely another sign of the apocalypse.

Been there done that now it's that pesky house fly all over outside. Once the neighbors fertilize the corn fields they move in. Won't last long. 

Holy heck we need sun. Garden definitely stunted so far.

• Like 1