Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Napril 2023 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, Modfan2 said:

Anything south of Jupiter is overrated! I will miss my free beach parking and warm water temps but glad to be back in NE

Yeah. I would never live here. I just come for the heat and dews. I literally come to my wife's family beach condo and never leave.  I avoid as much of FL as possible.

This weekend has been absolutely stunning here. Its been like full sun in the upper 80s and just some great dews. 

There's been a line of stationary storms firing off the coast for the past few days as well. The lighting has been awesome at night. 

• Like 1

I kind of like the lower bandwidth rad NWS is switching to - or 'back' to... Looks similar but not exactly like the product they had prior to the 'pretty much no radar worth using era at all' they just sent us through over the last couple of years...  

Not sure why, but the "enhanced" product is not really as good from a user experience - for me anyway.  It may be all primitive, as part of an ongoing longer term product evolution/plan.  But I have an iphone, couple of laptops with Celeron tech, and a home PC with quad, 2.51 GZ processor core. Yet, using any of these, the term 'enhanced' would not be the adjective I would use to describe the user experience.  I think the bigger problem is both the navigation response, as well as frame load times. Both are frustrating ... even on these latter conventional technology platforms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yep. 

Not directed completely at Taunton, but sometimes it surprises me on this weather board how often long-time weather fanatics don’t just take a few minutes to look at widely available guidance to see what the weather will do each day around the area.  I just figured that was like SOP for all on here. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Not directed completely at Taunton, but sometimes it surprises me on this weather board how often long-time weather fanatics don’t just take a few minutes to look at widely available guidance to see what the weather will do each day around the area.  I just figured that was like SOP for all on here. 

Or, look at models but toss it anyways in favor of what they want. :lol: 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Trending toward an SOS here. 

1.4” here and counting

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

No Stein talk for at least another 2-3 weeks after this one.

will be more like 2-3 hours. Dude is a broken record

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Twitter and 7-day TV icon forecasts for decades long weather fans is tough to hear sometimes when so much actual info is available at your fingertips.

I’d argue that stuff has made weather seem less credible over the last decade. Nobody knows how to interpret icons. I hear it from my parents. “They said it was going to rain, or my phone says rain this afternoon..” Meanwhile it’s a cloud with a drop and a 30% chance. It’s like talking to George Costanza’s parents when I talk to my folks about that stuff.

• Haha 4