Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
New England Met Spring 2023 Banter

Baroclinic Zone

10 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Alright, what’s the east section to buy tickets to a pats game that isn’t going to break the bank?:lol:.

Like the best nosebleeds 

Take out a second mortgage for the 100 sections. 200 sections are decent but not cheap. 300 sections are less expensive, but it can take a while to get to/from your seats up there. Also, just so you know the top row in the 300 section is really far from the field and really high. when they do a flyover, you can see the top of the planes from those seats. :drunk:

The best way is to go through Seat Geek and buy just prior to gametime. 

either way, expect to pay over $100/seat. I buy whatever seats are the absolute cheapest and walk around/stand to watch. There are some great vantage points. plus people watching

• Like 1

2 hours ago, codfishsnowman said:

Can you believe some folks are still watering their lawns??!

With less than 1/4" in the past 8 days and none today, I may need to water the garden - for the first time in 2 months.  This after 2 days with ginormous downpours within 20 miles of here.  (And given the recent outcomes from the most recent 4-5 heavy rain opportunities, we may well skate into next week's sunny with low dews after dodging another couple of chances.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Just got my electric bill… WOOF.

Is it totally crazy to consider getting a mini split for our bedroom to lower the usage of our central air?

It'll take a long time to break even.   I just had to install a new heating/cooling system and between the savings on efficiency and the rebate we're doing ok.

39 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

It'll take a long time to break even.   I just had to install a new heating/cooling system and between the savings on efficiency and the rebate we're doing ok.

What are the rebates like right now? We kind of just want a mini split for our bedroom so we can turn the temp up a bit on our central air, especially at night.

The actual mini split system, I see them on Amazon for like 700 bucks for a small one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

What are the rebates like right now? We kind of just want a mini split for our bedroom so we can turn the temp up a bit on our central air, especially at night.

The actual mini split system, I see them on Amazon for like 700 bucks for a small one.

I got a $3,500 rebate but I needed a whole new heating/cooling system.

9 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I got this. Yes, it’s a window unit but it works really well and is quiet. It uses the same inverter technology and has wifi connectivity. 

Midea 8,000 BTU U-Shaped Smart Inverter Window Air Conditioner –Cools up to 350 Sq. Ft., Ultra Quiet with Open Window Flexibility, Works with Alexa/Google Assistant, 35% Energy Savings, Remote Control https://a.co/d/6s4Smga

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mreaves said:

I got this. Yes, it’s a window unit but it works really well and is quiet. It uses the same inverter technology and has wifi connectivity. 

Midea 8,000 BTU U-Shaped Smart Inverter Window Air Conditioner –Cools up to 350 Sq. Ft., Ultra Quiet with Open Window Flexibility, Works with Alexa/Google Assistant, 35% Energy Savings, Remote Control https://a.co/d/6s4Smga

Did you install it yourself? I think this would be a good idea for my brothers house.

4 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

Did you install it yourself? I think this would be a good idea for my brothers house.

Yes, it’s very easy. The frame that it sits on goes in and the unit rests on that so it’s held up by that and not the window. They give you pieces to fill in the gaps.

I think the first time I saw it was a link that @Ginx snewxput in one of these threads. It’s like a window unit mini-split. The only thing inside is the blower unit. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Just ran over a yellow jacket nest while mowing. Got stung multiple times. I should’ve known because the ground sank in on one pass and then in the same spot on the return was when I got attacked. It must be a massive nest. 

Gas the f out of it and let her rip

52 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Gas the f out of it and let her rip

It’s right over my septic so I’d rather not. I haven’t risked going back to get the mower yet either. I think I’ll cover up head to toe and put a mesh bug hat on as well. Little bastards.

21 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It’s right over my septic so I’d rather not. I haven’t risked going back to get the mower yet either. I think I’ll cover up head to toe and put a mesh bug hat on as well. Little bastards.

For whatever reason one of my earliest memories of my father is him hitting a nest with the push mower and just taking off in a dead sprint past our living room windows. Don’t know if I ever remember him moving that fast again, ha.  Mower sat there for like a day in the middle of the yard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Just ran over a yellow jacket nest while mowing. Got stung multiple times. I should’ve known because the ground sank in on one pass and then in the same spot on the return was when I got attacked. It must be a massive nest. 

Ran over one in my front yard 2 weeks ago and got stung.  Just found the entrance while mowing today, fortunately they didn’t find me.  Large unmowed patch in the middle of the front yard.  Will deal with them tonight when it cools off.

32 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

For whatever reason one of my earliest memories of my father is him hitting a nest with the push mower and just taking off in a dead sprint past our living room windows. Don’t know if I ever remember him moving that fast again, ha.  Mower sat there for like a day in the middle of the yard.

That happened to me, I had a long sleeve shirt and on and they were up my arms, I never ran so fast into the house, my arms had several stings. I waited until nighttime, and I sprayed the hole. 

4 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

That happened to me, I had a long sleeve shirt and on and they were up my arms, I never ran so fast into the house, my arms had several stings. I waited until nighttime, and I sprayed the hole. 

yeah,  but did you spray the bees nest?