• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Medium/Long Range Thread: The Empire Strikes Back

stormtracker

Someone cut my Sapwood Brewing ass off! Even my friends here be like…go home GFS blows. Euro blows as well. Believe the CRAS bro!  :lol: 

It’s over (like the end credits in Ferris Bueller). Suffering. Praying for flurries soon…what did I just type!? Damn I hate the internet…

• Haha 2

also, I only post about good stuff because it’s already suffocating when people are posting 10 times about a dogshit solution… I don’t feel like it’s needed to pile on unless there’s incorrect analysis or anything like that

there’s nothing wrong with being an optimist. there’s already enough pessimistic viewpoints 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

call me a weenie all you want… I’m not going to throw in the towel 8 days out when a major ENS has that solution. no fucking way 

Ignore the trolls.  Keep throwing us your thoughts.  I like them fwiw

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I think I can echo exactly what @psuhoffmanhas been saying. We have a loaded pattern between the 10th and 20th. Could have 1 shot, could have 2, could even have 3. Chances are good that at least 1.will work out. Might need to kick the can a bit....or maybe not. And to echo @brooklynwx99 no op is going to nail anything 7 or 8 days out so next week could very well still be the one. And to echo @CAPE we just can't know.

• Like 4

So we’ve been down this road before where GEFS is always a little SE of Op, but this is exactly why ensembles are used.

It always takes the GFS a full 24 hours to get a run out of its system.

The ensemble being this much different is exactly why we have ensembles, def hope for 00z and going forward, I’ll give y’all that. I didn’t expect that at all

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Carve out the avocado trough, then get a wave riding the thermal boundary. That's money. Too bad its basically Spring by then lol.

1679140800-UWwIIHLCMnk.png

i dont think we we would care what the models are throwing out if if was Dec or January...but every day in march counts. So being okay with a cutter on March 11 to setup us up for a March 17th storm--that dosent work

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

51 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Nothing is etched in stone. My observations are specific to this run/recent runs. In general though, everyone has seen this movie play out over and over this winter and it always ends the same. Thus the pessimism. Pattern is somewhat more favorable, and given all the chaos, there is no reason to think the timing and degree of interaction between the key waves is nailed down by guidance 7 days out. Plenty of time.

Yea, there's optimism and there's atmospheric memory.  I think having a balance of both (sprinkled with it being mid-March and also knowing that we're not New England) is probably an ideal route to take at this point.

GEFS looks very similar to 12z Canadian and JMA fwiw. Snow mean still favors interior but we def take. Early on in the run the GEFS looked worst since ridge was stronger, but it seems some members are retrograding the energy back in the PAC allowing for weaker wave to eject east. This was what Cape was alluding to earlier. Compare this region to the OP at same hour
1ba12c55de529826b4a41817585ac8c2.jpg

25 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

call me a weenie all you want… I’m not going to throw in the towel 8 days out when a major ENS has that solution. no fucking way 

Keep providing your informative updates and ignore all the non-positive comments. People need to chill. It is just weather and if you don’t agree that is cool, but don’t make it personal.

Now back to drinking, toking and enjoying life to its fullest.

4 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Yea, there's optimism and there's atmospheric memory.  I think having a balance of both (sprinkled with it being mid-March and also knowing that we're not New England) is probably an ideal route to take at this point.

This winter has been a ratter, and it is getting late. Ji is right that there is a pretty big difference between getting a storm on March 11 vs. having to wait a week. It can work out, but the hostile for snow curve is getting pretty steep especially for the lowlands.

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic