Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/28/23 storm threat

Rjay

2 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Thata a good question. If CPK already had an inch but they don't take the measurement before 1, then the whole record keeping is complete BS and should not be considered legit in any case.

by the way it changed back to snow here lol

when it lightens up it's rain when it gets heavier it's snow.

this is just like a spring storm

12 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yeah its a mix now. Probably about done here with 2" 

1.8" here. Precip picking up but still a mix, so yeah it appears we're done with accumulation. Too bad the warming is moving in so quickly. I thought we'd get 2 to 3, so barely the low end of the prediction. No shoveling in the morning as it's already melting off the pavement. At least it was nice to look at tonight. 

3 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Thata a good question. If CPK already had an inch but they don't take the measurement before 1, then the whole record keeping is complete BS and should not be considered legit in any case.

Would be hysterical and fitting for this winter 

• Like 2

Light snow continuing here. The splotchy/shredded precip is what I was concerned about in terms of allowing warming to take over. However when precip picks back up it'll probably go back to snow especially north of I-78. That's always been the dividing line roughly between where there might be an inch of slush or so vs more meaningful. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Hey guys we’re just realizing now the snow measurements in Central Park are BS? They have a long history of not measuring or under measuring snow. It began with the blizzard of 1888 and continues to this day. The under one inch and the larger events they are usually at their worst. It drove me insane for years, thus the weather forum name I have had for twenty years. Little good did it do. 

Latest HRRR says the rest of it's a really close call for NYC and LI. The immediate south shore and southern half of NYC is probably done with accums, looks like the warm nose at 750-800mb is here and also temps are above freezing. Soundings over MBY show it getting close but not quite to sleet. DIX radar shows the sleet line maybe settling just S of I-78. But there's still a fair amount of precip to go so this is where the big N Shore/S Shore difference starts. Hopefully not and the sleet line can settle south a little. But unfortuately places like Edison/New Brunswick/Staten Island and southernmost Nassau are probably done (where it even started in the first place. Long Beach I don't think ever got below 34 so it may never have even accumulated :axe: ).