• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

Catholic School where I teach is closed for tomorrow. They go by what the town decides, and Shrewsbury, MA, is known for not canceling until the big caterpillar earthmovers can't move the stuff. Great to have a day off after a week's vacation. I am not kidding. I'm getting old and crabby. lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wxsniss said:

18z GFS as others have said...

No longer just a blip on a few mesos... GFS also a tick colder in latter part of storm, BL temps will be critical for eastern areas

image.png.c12906a467c41c927977a4c7b8091ba9.png

Damn look at that cutoff in the Bretton Woods area. That a super sharp line between the haves, and the have not. Attitash looks to do well and Bretton Woods could end up with maybe 3 inches if we are lucky

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

playing catch up for sure. 

It was the first to catch on to the snowier look so it gets credit for that but then it seems like once it latches onto a certain synoptic evolution, it tends to get drunk off it and goes overboard. It’s not the stable stud it was many years ago. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Catholic School where I teach is closed for tomorrow. They go by what the town decides, and Shrewsbury, MA, is known for not canceling until the big caterpillar earthmovers can't move the stuff. Great to have a day off after a week's vacation. I am not kidding. I'm getting old and crabby. lol

It used to like that 10+ years ago but times have changed with a new (younger) superintendent 

growing up, it always seemed like we had 2 hour delays while the surrounding towns had no school 

1 minute ago, Childude645 said:

I noticed this as well… why would this be?

It’s going to be marginal after early morning tomorrow along the coast. Onshore flow will creep temps up above freezing. If rates are decent, it matter a ton, but in lighter snow it could be the type that doesn’t really accumulate. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah, I was just gonna say this is the first event all year…. all.effing.year that didn’t go the wrong direction inside of 36 hours.

But even this one is “weird”. How often does E RI get more snowfall than E MA when it’s not a scraper? The east/west snowfall gradient is an unusual (but not unheard of) one.

2 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Anyone want to throw up a Euro snow map, just so we can bash it tomorrow if it ends up way too high, or hopefully too conservative! 

The problem with snow maps is if they are 10 to 1, they will be too high in marginal areas…and that’s not because the model was wrong, it’s because people forecasted using 10 to 1. 

That’s one reason I like the QPF maps better. Easier to verify the model performance.  But in your area, it’s prob fairly safe to use 10 to 1 since most of your snow is falling early with a cold column. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The problem with snow maps is if they are 10 to 1, they will be too high in marginal areas…and that’s not because the model was wrong, it’s because people forecasted using 10 to 1. 

That’s one reason I like the QPF maps better. Easier to verify the model performance.  But in your area, it’s prob fairly safe to use 10 to 1 since most of your snow is falling early with a cold column. 

Especially since the snow maps are not from the source but vendor driven.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ha, fair enough...I also agree, but the blues aren't as exciting as purples and pinks...Lol

Snow has actually started flying here, quite windy too, wasn't expecting that.

34/23 atm

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

is that weatherTAP radar free or paid service? I wish sometimes Radarscope would offer some regional or sub regional radar looks.

it's paid...it's 8.45/mo which i think its cheaper than it used to be, thought i remember it being in the 10-12$/mo range. It's great with a lot of features.

For free regional stuff i would suggest cod.edu nexlab page, or wunderground (previously intellicast) page 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

it's paid...it's 8.45/mo which i think its cheaper than it used to be, thought i remember it being in the 10-12$/mo range. It's great with a lot of features.

For free regional stuff i would suggest cod.edu nexlab page, or wunderground (previously intellicast) page 

I do use wunderground but weatherTAP seems much better. I think I'll get weatherTAP too. I've always liked it. Does it come with an access code? I would try and install on personal/work computer. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I do use wunderground but weatherTAP seems much better. I think I'll get weatherTAP too. I've always liked it. Does it come with an access code? I would try and install on personal/work computer. 

You create a user name and PW and can log in to multiple devices at once, but its limited to a few. If you go over, you just log out of the other ones. You can get a 7 day trial or maybe its two weeks, not sure, if you want to as well. 

• Thanks 1