Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 25 2023 Three-fer fer some...

HoarfrostHubb

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s snowing nicely here with the ground getting covered as the temp drops, but unless that slot fills in this is a pretty big fail. 

Which is whatever. On to next week.

I’m dumbfounded, I’ve never seen a SWFE dry slot so rapidly.  Hopefully squeeze in an hour or two of good snow here but looks like it’s hauling ass and not backfilling. 

• Like 1

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I’m dumbfounded, I’ve never seen a SWFE dry slot so rapidly.  Hopefully squeeze in an hour or two of good snow here but looks like it’s hauling ass and not backfilling. 

Yeah. That really shit the bed quickly.   Hopefully the same happens to the non frozen portion of the festivities. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

In a normal winter, all that stuff in NJ would be fire-hosing right into SNE right now and we’d be talking 6-8” front ender but this is winter ‘22-23 where we take otherwise decent setups, and mold them into dogshit. 

E3A37E55-0B77-4FBE-9900-F1AF983882A9.gif

Guidance is insistent that the slot fills in. You can see moisture peeling back in the more northerly direction on WV (jet is WSW/ENE, but moisture is moving more NE), but that may be too late for many as wetbulbs continue to creep.

GYX discussion appears that everything is on track as forecast. They must assume that the precipitation is going to fill in as the coastal continues to develop. At this point I’m just counting on the heavy burst of snow that’s about to come in last for an hour or two. they are the meteorologists, so I trust their judgment, certainly more than mine.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

In a normal winter, all that stuff in NJ would be fire-hosing right into SNE right now and we’d be talking 6-8” front ender but this is winter ‘22-23 where we take otherwise decent setups, and mold them into dogshit. 

E3A37E55-0B77-4FBE-9900-F1AF983882A9.gif

So that’s it? 15 minutes of s is for all of SNE?

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

This is exactly what it was like in the 80’s….whatever could go wrong would, and almost every time. So eerily familiar. 

Look what happened to the music too! 

No visibility of Talcott today. Top of the mountain is about a mile away behind these buildings. 

Looks like that stuff down over NJ is trying to grow now. Difficult to tell what it's going to do. Have to think the fact banding is trash will limit most snowfall for anyone in SNE. Need radar to improve drastically soon. 

32/31

20230125_161125-min.thumb.jpg.77f1da6af4a07dbddb38ae5484fe8d9f.jpg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So that’s it? 15 minutes of s is for all of SNE?

Yes I think so...by the time more steady stuff moves in later this evening, it's going to be rain (maybe a short period of marginal ZR in spots or a few pingers up by Rt 2).

4 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

GYX discussion appears that everything is on track as forecast. They must assume that the precipitation is going to fill in as the coastal continues to develop. At this point I’m just counting on the heavy burst of snow that’s about to come in last for an hour or two. they are the meteorologists, so I trust their judgment, certainly more than mine.

Our heaviest precip really shouldn't be until we're approaching midnight, so I'm not too worried about this initial band. If eastern PA isn't lighting up in 2ish hours then we can start sounding the alarms up here.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TalcottWx said:

Wow. Truly one of the worst "SWFE" I've ever experienced. 

I mean, it didn't look impressive to begin with in SNE....we were largely missing out on the good forcing while we were cold enough for snow. I posted my concerns yesterday on how far west the vort was.

But yeah, we somehow managed to underperform a 1-2" forecast in a SWFE. :lol:

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I mean, it didn't look impressive to begin with in SNE....we were largely missing out on the good forcing while we were cold enough for snow. I posted my concerns yesterday on how far west the vort was.

But yeah, we somehow managed to underperform a 1-2" forecast in a SWFE. :lol:

I think NWS forecast of 5-9” for Brattleboro is in trouble. Lol

• Haha 1