Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15-16 2023 Storm Potential

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Little dangling weenie into NE CT

Yeah that run threw a little band back there. Hopefully it has a clue. Would be fun to even get a long duration 2-3” event. Just give it a festive look and feel. Something we haven’t had much of this winter.  

Back in the day these conditions would give us snow. But SSTs are warm. 

This may be the worst weather you could ask for. We just came back from dinner on 53 in Norwell and it was 90% rain / 10% flakes. Kids asking me if we can sled in the morning

Would rather a warm rainer like we woke up to yesterday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah that run threw a little band back there. Hopefully it has a clue. Would be fun to even get a long duration 2-3” event. Just give it a festive look and feel. Something we haven’t had much of this winter.  

I think there’ll likely be flurries and snow showers back this way but in no way expect 2-4”

39 minutes ago, eduggs said:

Problem might not just be surface temps. Might just need to wait until the mid-levels are saturated. There could also still be a warm layer near 800mb.

N winds in January and struggling for temps near 32. I’m sure deeper lift and saturation would help, but it’s a joke.

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ticked west again. Fronto suggests some goodies for you

Hopefully some of the mesos can jump on board. I do agree with eduggs that the satellite and radar look kind of decent…hopefully not just weenie goggles which might get enhanced via desperation in an awful winter to date.