• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/Long Range Disco 3: The great recovery or shut the blinds?

psuhoffman

24 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I'm going to personally get us these storms or storm by sheer fucking will.  

This forum is an apocalyptic husk:  fights, ruins, fires everywhere.  Despair so wide even the Cowboy's kicker could put a football through it.   These are dangerous and heady times folks.   I am here for all of us and remember...

I will always love you.  Let's do this.

Make the call, you’re the mike

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

I grew up in a similar spot...Walkersville.  Our driveway was about 100yds long and uphill. Remember   my sister's car sliding down the driveway, after a failed attempt to make it up. Slid off the driveway and stayed on top of the snow and into the woods. 

Wow. That's crazy.

In one of the storms my sister and I was ice skating on our back yard and she ended up falling and breaking both the bones in her arm.

My parents drove her into Frederick memorial during a raging sleet storm.

• Like 1

this pattern is gonna be locked and loaded, lots of opportunities esp from the 27th onwards w/ an active STJ coupled w/ multiple waves passing thru. imo 27th is our pattern changer but we could score w/ it if all goes well, just gotta see how things progress.

18z gefs only continues to improve the pattern fwiw, i thought it'd come to an end soon like how the trends for a favorable pattern in december stopped abruptly but it seems like we're within the fantasy pattern range and w/ models only continuing to improve the pattern, perhaps it's time to start getting excited.

my only worry is that we go from warm/wet to cold/dry, but multiple waves are passing through so we should be fine?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AtlanticWx said:

this pattern is gonna be locked and loaded, lots of opportunities esp from the 27th onwards w/ an active STJ coupled w/ multiple waves passing thru. imo 27th is our pattern changer but we could score w/ it if all goes well, just gotta see how things progress.

18z gefs only continues to improve the pattern fwiw, i thought it'd come to an end soon like how the trends for a favorable pattern in december stopped abruptly but it seems like we're within the fantasy pattern range and w/ models only continuing to improve the pattern, perhaps it's time to start getting excited.

my only worry is that we go from warm/wet to cold/dry, but multiple waves are passing through so we should be fine?

case in point, an impressive mean ~10 days out
1674831600-RVAuinO4s5k.png
and for reference w/ out a smoothed mean, 18z gfs paints a good picture
1674831600-DMhlXZ0SNkA.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stormtracker said:

I'm going to personally get us these storms or storm by sheer fucking will.  

This forum is an apocalyptic husk:  fights, ruins, fires everywhere.  Despair so wide even the Cowboy's kicker could put a football through it.   These are dangerous and heady times folks.   I am here for all of us and remember...

I will always love you.  Let's do this.

That's a cool story.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Sad if true.  Everyone’s been so stiff lately.  

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

@ravensrule

Is this true?

I wont re post it because I don’t want to get booted out of here..

but it was very funny, I feel sorry for anyone who was unable to enjoy it.

15 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Apparently JB just posted a video and is comparing the pattern to 94. Sorry guys. It’s my fault. He obviously reads the board and now that he’s said it we’re definitely going to torch. I’ll own this one. 

Guess we’ll be having our vodka warm :(

Time for optimism folks.  We've been all run down.  No more.  It's time to rope a good 3 to 6 or 2 to 4.   We gotta take what we can get and when we can get it.   Remember Alberta Clippers?  The only time we'll see one now is on the back of a milk carton.  The ramblings of a desperate man.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 4

10 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Time for optimism folks.  We've been all run down.  No more.  It's time to rope a good 3 to 6 or 2 to 4.   We gotta take what we can get and when we can get it.   Remember Alberta Clippers?  The only time we'll see one now is on the back of a milk carton.  The ramblings of a desperate man.

96020425-3E20-4999-B50B-89EA8636DE8A.gif

• Haha 2

There is no good 2-4