Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

2 minutes ago, frd said:

MC forcing is pretty much the norm for a Nina. Not sure it is that much of a game changer if we have other indices in our favor. Latest ens guidance indicates the AO and NAO will be neutral/trending slightly negative beyond mid month. Imo it's up in the air what transpires on the Pac side going forward. Yeah we will warm again for a time after whatever happens mid month, but the GEFS in the LR significantly weakens the trough along the west coast and is suggesting a ridge may develop.

20 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Some 30,000 foot thought this morning 

Good, the high latitude pattern (which I’m including the prevalence of a Hudson high here) is good enough we probably will continue to have hope for these random systems to cut across and if we get lucky time up with cold. It’s a long shot pattern but not completely hopeless like it would be if we had a raging positive AO like 2020. 

Bad, the PNA spike, if we can even call it that, is super temporary. It leads to one shot and then we go back to a very warm look. The hope that the pacific was going to quickly morph to a more favorable look is fading. I really hope we hit on one of these long shot threats the next 10 Days or it could get insufferable in here if it’s Jan 20th with no measurable snow and nothing but torch on the horizon. 

Not just in here...but the entire northeast part of the forum not named central PA or upstate NY, lol All the I-95 forums are getting the same way...so we gon' have to get something!

Ya know, this is like a test to see who can stay above it all even when it looks the worst. I mean this is when ya gotta have an escape hatch so it doesn't swallow you up. It could be that placing the focus on more important things is the way out...(easier said than done, I know, lol)

7 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Not just in here...but the entire northeast part of the forum not named central PA or upstate NY, lol All the I-95 forums are getting the same way...so we gon' have to get something!

Ya know, this is like a test to see who can stay above it all even when it looks the worst. I mean this is when ya gotta have an escape hatch so it doesn't swallow you up. It could be that placing the focus on more important things is the way out...(easier said than done, I know, lol)

I am more of a glass half full guy as I get older. I enjoy tracking interesting weather, and I find the physics to be very cool, but it's just not a game changer for me if I don't get snow. It is not some life changing deal lol. Weather does what it does. If I really need a fix, I have been known to chase.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic