Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah. They have not really been moving this along       Maybe 4PM?

They already issued their watches this afternoon....unless maybe they add N ORH late? I'm extremely surprised they didn't have them in the first time around though. I mean, it's not a lock in N ORH county, but I'd have to say its def 50%+ for 6" for a lot of that part of the county.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

They already issued their watches this afternoon....unless maybe they add N ORH late? I'm extremely surprised they didn't have them in the first time around though. I mean, it's not a lock in N ORH county, but I'd have to say its def 50%+ for 6" for a lot of that part of the county.

This is their snow map. Fj9ofz5UcAEt_rX?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 2

Just now, snowman21 said:

Clearly they are worried about the town of Hartland and all 5 people that live there possibly reaching 6 inches.

Right....by that token, they weren't worried about that area of 8"+ intruding into Ashburnham on their map?

Just weird....

Anyways, 18z NAM coming in colder again

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Right....by that token, they weren't worried about that area of 8"+ intruding into Ashburnham on their map?

Just weird....

Anyways, 18z NAM coming in colder again

Yeah the map has warning criteria snow for one town. They never normally issue warnings for the whole county when that happens so idk what that's all about. 

Just now, CT Rain said:

Yeah the map has warning criteria snow for one town. They never normally issue warnings for the whole county when that happens so idk what that's all about. 

It's just a watch, so my guess is they see part of the county already in range and any slight shift of that eastward would qualify the entire county when it comes time to pull the trigger on a warning. If it doesn't then they just convert to an advisory. Seems like giving themselves wiggle room.

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

At what levels are you looking colder 

925 is milder at 15z for Central eastern mass by a shade 

It was colder early on....but its starting to be warmer in the more recent frames because the dynamics are definitely weaker this run.....but we'll how it looks in another few frames...it may go to town here overnight friday night.

4 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

For S NH I imagine the hills in Holsett to Goffstown even at 500’ down to Mont Vernon are lookin very pasty if this look keeps up . That added latitude N of Ash will help as well as the extra few hundred feet 

How about my 425’ versus your 200’?

14 minutes ago, dryslot said:

What a bump up, Ha Ha.

StormTotalSnowWeb1.jpg

I got the 0-1” i asked for.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It was colder early on....but its starting to be warmer in the more recent frames because the dynamics are definitely weaker this run.....but we'll how it looks in another few frames...it may go to town here overnight friday night.

I know it’s unlikely, but what are the odds that the dynamics become strong enough to flip eastern areas to heavy snow early enough that we see eastern extension with the 6+ line to a BOS-PVD line?

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

It's just a watch, so my guess is they see part of the county already in range and any slight shift of that eastward would qualify the entire county when it comes time to pull the trigger on a warning. If it doesn't then they just convert to an advisory. Seems like giving themselves wiggle room.

Must be an agreement the news stations have with the supermarkets and package stores to induce panic buying.

3 minutes ago, George001 said:

I know it’s unlikely, but what are the odds that the dynamics become strong enough to flip eastern areas to heavy snow early enough that we see eastern extension with the 6+ line to a BOS-PVD line?

Prob about 1 in 10....it would happen somewhere from late evening to overnight friday night if it happened.

• Like 1