Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Liking the look. Can't remember the last time I saw >24 hours of snowfall.

Been a while, But yeah, This looks much better starting from 18z yesterday, Its ticked colder on all the guidance to give the coastal plain snow and even the coast some as well, Those ticks SE on all guidance now takes the surface low over the cape or just east offshore into the GOM instead of near PWM.

3 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Congrats--still sucks for most on the board.  Shockingly Pete's cleaning up there.

gfs_asnow_neus_22.png

I'm starting to wonder now if we can't get a changeover to snow here in north central CT on Friday Eve. If the storm slows and we have enough precip, and with some cold air coming on the back end... Maybe a flip over to snow?

Would be nice to finish off with a small coating ( at least it would make the fact that we rained a little less harsh.. lol )

2 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I'm starting to wonder now if we can't get a changeover to snow here in north central CT on Friday Eve. If the storm slows and we have enough precip, and with some cold air coming on the back end... Maybe a flip over to snow?

Would be nice to finish off with a small coating ( at least it would make the fact that we rained a little less harsh.. lol )

As Ray out that works out.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The wet snow bomb that takes down trees and lines that so many here covet . These colder runs helped them . My area needs one more tic and I think it’s possible that continues 

Yeah... I'm west of Hartford on the border of Farmington and plainville. We are about 550 feet up. If we were to get some more Tics SE today.. we could be in the game for something.. maybe even a flip back to something Wintry Friday Eve? I think the chance is there now. 

You are up even higher..so your chances are even better. 

If all else fails.. we do have a few chances next week. Time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Yeah... I'm west of Hartford on the border of Farmington and plainville. We are about 550 feet up. If we were to get some more Tics SE today.. we could be in the game for something.. maybe even a flip back to something Wintry Friday Eve? I think the chance is there now. 

You are up even higher..so your chances are even better. 

If all else fails.. we do have a few chances next week. Time will tell.

You should do fairly well there. At least a couple inches on the front end 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You should do fairly well there. At least a couple inches on the front end 

Just as I'm typing.. Bob Maxon just said he expects a flip back to Snow Friday afternoon into Friday night. Gives a good chunk of central and eastern CT ( away from the immediate show ) 1-3", had my on the line of 3"-5". 

Point is he is also seeing this trend where colder air will wrap on and the storm had a longer duration. 

As I said before.. it would be nice for dinner back end snows ( don't get that very often )