Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2022/23 Medium/Long Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

2 hours ago, hardypalmguy said:

Michsnowfreak is going to need to change his name to michpalmfreak. No cold air to be found.

a1a12a9edb35e5ac3bf85d21559f13ae.jpg

It's nice of you to be so active this month. You did not post at all the last few Februaries. I wonder why? You must have missed the post from a meteorologist explaining that the CFS site does not match up with weatherbell or other sites. I don't like palm trees unless I'm on a tropical vacation. I have plenty of conifers in my yard, more suited for the northern climate I live in. I would never waste my time to try and grow something thats suited for a climate with an annual temperature 20°+ warmer than my own.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

It's nice of you to be so active this month. You did not post at all the last few Februaries. I wonder why? You must have missed the post from a meteorologist explaining that the CFS site does not match up with weatherbell or other sites. I don't like palm trees unless I'm on a tropical vacation. I have plenty of conifers in my yard, more suited for the northern climate I live in. I would never waste my time to try and grow something thats suited for a climate with an annual temperature 20°+ warmer than my own.

The CFS from that site did well with flagging our warmth in the month of January. :whistle:

summaryCFSv2.NaT2m.202301.gif

Jan23TDeptUS.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

East will translate to weaker, less phased and more sheared.

On the other hand for it to hit central WI it has to stay stronger, more phased, with less shear. Attributes a storm system modeled SE of us seems impossible to attain the last several yrs.