• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2022

Stormlover74

Flowers that didn't succumb to the frost in late October are still going strong.  I've still got some petunia's blooming quite nicely again after a September pruning, as well as plentiful blooms remaining on the mums.  I suspect that will all come to an end before too long, but it's a nice wrap to the season.

• Like 2

It was 79 degrees for three consecutive hourly readings from 11:51 am through 1:51 pm I'm sure it reached 80 or even possibly 81 somewhere in there.

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/ny/new-york-city/KJFK/date/2022-11-7

10:51 AM 77 °F 58 °F 52 % W 16 mph 0 mph 30.15 in 0.0 in Fair
11:51 AM 79 °F 53 °F 40 % W 14 mph 22 mph 30.14 in 0.0 in Fair
12:51 PM 79 °F 52 °F 39 % W 13 mph 0 mph 30.13 in 0.0 in Fair
1:51 PM 79 °F 47 °F 32 % WNW 12 mph 0 mph 30.13 in 0.0 in Fair
2:51 PM 77 °F 42 °F 29 % NW 18 mph 0 mph 30.14 in 0.0 in Fair

For comparison ISP only reached 79 for one hourly observation.

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/ny/new-york-city/KISP/date/2022-11-7

10:56 AM 78 °F 62 °F 58 % W 14 mph 22 mph 30.03 in 0.0 in Partly Cloudy
11:56 AM 78 °F 58 °F 50 % WNW 13 mph 0 mph 30.01 in 0.0 in Fair
12:56 PM 79 °F 54 °F 42 % WNW 16 mph 24 mph 30.00 in 0.0 in Fair
1:56 PM 78 °F 44 °F 30 % WNW 17 mph 26 mph 30.01 in 0.0 in Fair
2:56 PM 77 °F 43 °F 30 % NW 16 mph 24 mph 30.02 in 0.0 in Fair

1 hour ago, donsutherland1 said:

11/1/1950. There’s still a chance that it hit 80 within the last 15 minutes. We’ll see later.

It was 79 degrees for three consecutive hourly readings from 11:51 am through 1:51 pm I'm sure it reached 80 or even possibly 81 somewhere in there.

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/ny/new-york-city/KJFK/date/2022-11-7

10:51 AM 77 °F 58 °F 52 % W 16 mph 0 mph 30.15 in 0.0 in Fair
11:51 AM 79 °F 53 °F 40 % W 14 mph 22 mph 30.14 in 0.0 in Fair
12:51 PM 79 °F 52 °F 39 % W 13 mph 0 mph 30.13 in 0.0 in Fair
1:51 PM 79 °F 47 °F 32 % WNW 12 mph 0 mph 30.13 in 0.0 in Fair
2:51 PM 77 °F 42 °F 29 % NW 18 mph 0 mph 30.14 in 0.0 in Fair

For comparison ISP only reached 79 for one hourly observation.

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/ny/new-york-city/KISP/date/2022-11-7

10:56 AM 78 °F 62 °F 58 % W 14 mph 22 mph 30.03 in 0.0 in Partly Cloudy
11:56 AM 78 °F 58 °F 50 % WNW 13 mph 0 mph 30.01 in 0.0 in Fair
12:56 PM 79 °F 54 °F 42 % WNW 16 mph 24 mph 30.00 in 0.0 in Fair
1:56 PM 78 °F 44 °F 30 % WNW 17 mph 26 mph 30.01 in 0.0 in Fair
2:56 PM 77 °F 43 °F 30 % N

3 hours ago, nyrangers1022 said:

Another absolute gorgeous day.   Hope we get another torch end of the month or December 

Don’t hope for a torch in November / Dec, man. It’s fine to prefer the warmer weather, I totally get it. But the direction our climate is heading, it’ll be torching quite enough at all times of the year. 

Try to enjoy and appreciate seasonal cool to cold for what it is when we can get it, I wouldn’t be making this comment if it were still October. 

Preferences aside, it’s very clear how much easier it is to torch around here than to go BN so you’ll very likely get your wish at one point or another. 

Conversely I feel like I’m straight praying every year to see proper snow that sticks and lasts for more than 48 hours. 

1 minute ago, Volcanic Winter said:

Don’t hope for a torch, man. It’s fine to prefer the warmer weather, I totally get it. But the direction our climate is heading, it’ll be torching quite enough at all times of the year. 

Try to enjoy and appreciate seasonal cool to cold for what it is when we can get it, I wouldn’t be making this comment if it were still October. 

Preferences aside, it’s very clear how much easier it is to torch around here than to go BN. 

I mean if it was this easy to go below normal, we would have hit -10 or lower several times every decade.

I just look at the NYC Marathon and how it was in September until 1975 and then in October until 1985 and since then it's been in November and we still get similar temperatures.  That's all you really need to know.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I mean if it was this easy to go below normal, we would have hit -10 or lower several times every decade.

I just look at the NYC Marathon and how it was in September until 1975 and then in October until 1985 and since then it's been in November and we still get similar temperatures.  That's all you really need to know.

The thing is, most people would rather see mild instead of below normal cold.

19 minutes ago, lee59 said:

The thing is, most people would rather see mild instead of below normal cold.

This is understandable. I’m only asking for “normal” climo instead of 90% torch 10% slightly cool. Obviously there’s always variance and oscillation back and forth, but the pendulum is clearly getting stuck in one direction vs the other. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Volcanic Winter said:

This is understandable. I’m only asking for “normal” climo instead of 90% torch 10% slightly cool. Obviously there’s always variance and oscillation back and forth, but the pendulum is clearly getting stuck in one direction vs the other. 

This board used to have a lot of cold and snow fans. I am one. I usually hate hot or well above average weather, and with climate change, it only frustrates me more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Volcanic Winter said:

For whatever reason the people I know in Canada won't have any of it.

My friend from Calgary keeps sending me pictures of all the snow they've been getting (3 feet already!) and keeps saying what climate change? lol

2 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Sorry but this weather sucks. We already get heat 8 months out of the year. I don't need 80 in November. 

If you want warmth nonstop then don't live here but I actually like seasonal variety.  

My friend keeps sending these pictures-- you're not going to get many more people to believe in climate change until it stops snowing in all these places.  This is Calgary.

7Xk7qVHF.jpg

High temp of 78 here today. Felt great with the very low humidity this afternoon. Saturday was the warmest day here when my location hit 80. An incredible 3 day stretch ... felt great doing stuff outside in this kind of warmth this late in the season. Sad to see it come to an end, but hopefully a cooler pattern settling in for mid to late November will be a sign that we'll get some snow in December. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Volcanic Winter said:

Don’t hope for a torch in November / Dec, man. It’s fine to prefer the warmer weather, I totally get it. But the direction our climate is heading, it’ll be torching quite enough at all times of the year. 

Preferences aside, it’s very clear how much easier it is to torch around here than to go BN so you’ll very likely get your wish at one point or another. 

Conversely I feel like I’m straight praying every year to see proper snow that sticks and lasts for more than 48 hours. 

I actually wouldn't mind 45-50 for highs in December, can still golf

• Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

High temp of 78 here today. Felt great with the very low humidity this afternoon. Saturday was the warmest day here when my location hit 80. An incredible 3 day stretch ... felt great doing stuff outside in this kind of warmth this late in the season. Sad to see it come to an end, but hopefully a cooler pattern settling in for mid to late November will be a sign that we'll get some snow in December. 

If the whole summer was like this I'd love it-- just closer to 100 lol.

15 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Sorry but this weather sucks. We already get heat 8 months out of the year. I don't need 80 in November. 

If you want warmth nonstop then don't live here but I actually like seasonal variety.  

at some point we're going to get a big phaser like 2018 further west or a repeat of 1978 and we'll get 36+

59 minutes ago, Volcanic Winter said:

Don’t hope for a torch, man. It’s fine to prefer the warmer weather, I totally get it. But the direction our climate is heading, it’ll be torching quite enough at all times of the year. 

I think people use the word torch incorrectly.  I like for a torch, relative to normal.  45-50 degrees is fine for the winter.  What I don't care for much anymore is the 15 degree days with a bone chilling wind.  Snow used to melt within a week.  For those who want deep winters, this is not the area for you---especially if you are near the coast--we don't live in Maine.