Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2022 OBS/DISC

40/70 Benchmark

5 hours ago, tunafish said:

I've at least got BOX to cover me somewhat, but you're in the dead zone.

That BTV coverage is misleading too.  That beam runs into mountains and higher scans go too high, well before it gets close to NH.  That map looks like you can see CON area on the outskirts… can barely see a couple counties east of the rad site in reality :lol: .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That BTV coverage is misleading too, ha.  That beam runs into mountains and higher scans go too high, well before it gets close to NH.  That map looks like you can see CON area on the outskirts… can barely see a couple counties east of the rad site in reality  .
Probably no coverage here either

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Which obviously isn’t caribou lol. Looks closer to Houlton. 

The radar is located in Houlton.

A little tip for radar siting is typically if it ends in X, it is collocated with the office. Occasionally there's an outlier, like KDVN is collocated but that is only because the office or radar moved to make that so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

That BTV coverage is misleading too.  That beam runs into mountains and higher scans go too high, well before it gets close to NH.  That map looks like you can see CON area on the outskirts… can barely see a couple counties east of the rad site in reality :lol: .

I was going to say the same thing. Lots of times all you get is a beam straight down the Winooski Valley and that’s about it.  

Driving from N.VT to ALB to BGM to ALB to N.VT over the past few days.  There was a wide variety of elevation differences, micro-climates, and lots of fall vibes... scene this morning passing north through the eastern Adirondacks.

Car thermometer bottomed out around here but it was 51F even here at this elevated lake basin in mild for late October.  SLK valley got to 70F for a max at 1,600ft.

311690498_10104921166559630_737540647919

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Looks like a wet , rainy, muggy Helloween this year .

I miss the days growing up where they’d be cold , flurries flying some years.. and you’d have to worry about how many warm layers to wear under the costume . Now they’re just warm and dry or muggy and wet .

Blow torch  first half of Novie at least. Enjoy. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Looks like a wet , rainy, muggy Helloween this year .

I miss the days growing up where they’d be cold , flurries flying some years.. and you’d have to worry about how many warm layers to wear under the costume . Now they’re just warm and dry or muggy and wet .

I thought muggy was your thing? Turn up the Dews!

lol

In the past 10 years or so we've actually had some warm Halloweenie days which suck.  This was my horror horde 2 years ago with snow on the ground.  It was awesome.

halloween 5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

That’s fine by me…keep it mild for another couple weeks.  I remember November 2002 well…early part of month it was 70 plus, cuz we were out on my bike(Harley), and it felt like early September…2 weeks later it was snowing.  

I remember there was a significant ice storm mid-month and then we had 8”-10” of snow the day before Thanksgiving.

• Like 1