Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,188
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Michael Butler
    Newest Member
    Michael Butler
    Joined

August Discussion/Obs


weatherwiz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Actually Logan's METAR -fwiw - at 17:54

KBOS 061754Z 19009KT 10SM SCT060 BKN070 35/21 A3014 RMK AO2 SLP207 T03500206 10361 20261 56015

36.1 max works out to 96.98 ...so excluding Meso west book keeping technique ... looks like 97 to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Actually Logan's METAR -fwiw - at 17:54

KBOS 061754Z 19009KT 10SM SCT060 BKN070 35/21 A3014 RMK AO2 SLP207 T03500206 10361 20261 56015

36.1 max works out to 96.98 ...so excluding Meso west book keeping technique ... looks like 97 to me.

Yeah that is the hourly METAR update.  But the 5 min obs earlier were only 36C. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

John it makes more sense if you use these obs from ISU

https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/sites/obhistory.php?station=BOS&network=MA_ASOS&year=2022&month=08&day=06&metar=1&madis=1

They don’t covert and display the high frequency obs to avoid the confusion. You can get the temp in whole deg C from the T group though. The hourly METARs have the tenths and get the conversion to deg F. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah that is the hourly METAR update.  But the 5 min obs earlier were only 36C. 

Figured it was a later arrival..

man...it is just f'n hot as hell along this end of Rt 2.   We got an impressive CB head with conjoining dark towers punching into it, visible to my south - buddy says constant thunder in that...but we can't buy anything overhead in this incinerating gap in the sky.  It's 96 at all home stations within a mile or two of town's center, with DPs 70 to 73.. .

This may be the tallest HI we've had here -   brutal!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Figured it was a later arrival..

man...it is just f'n hot as hell along this end of Rt 2.   We got an impressive CB head with conjoining dark towers punching into it, visible to my south - buddy says constant thunder in that...but we can't buy anything overhead in this incinerating gap in the sky.  It's 96 at all home stations within a mile or two of town's center, with DPs 70 to 73.. .

This may be the tallest HI we've had here -   brutal!!

I’m seeing that CB from the south. Whole bunch of stuff pancaking against the tropopause. 

349F227F-3A78-4BA7-A3B9-D5919DE3B199.jpeg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, dendrite said:

John it makes more sense if you use these obs from ISU

https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/sites/obhistory.php?station=BOS&network=MA_ASOS&year=2022&month=08&day=06&metar=1&madis=1

They don’t covert and display the high frequency obs to avoid the confusion. You can get the temp in whole deg C from the T group though. The hourly METARs have the tenths and get the conversion to deg F. 

Much better!  thanks - geez the 5 minutes were annoying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...