Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How am I supposed to tweak it in real time? I’m not following. Is it trial and error?

Not in real time, I had to manually turn the little screws/bolts a turn or so. Trial and error like you said, but get a stratus so you can compare rain events.

I would check with dendrite first before you do anything..lol.

Basically below:

• Each counterclockwise movement of the stops by one flat of the hexagon raises the stop and hence increases the rainfall recorded by the gauge by approximately 1% (per flat). So one complete revolution of the stop would cause roughly a 6% increase in recorded rainfall. (Raising the stop – ie a movement in the +ve counterclockwise direction – decreases the weight of rain needed to cause a tip of the buckets and hence a given rainfall amount generates more bucket tips and thus a higher rainfall reading);
  • Each of the two stops must be adjusted by an equal amount (and obviously in the same direction);

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So looking at surrounding stations I may be way low on my rain estimate for the day.

closest one to me has 2.91 for the day.

I may have missed way more while the power was out than .25

Live in Raynham. Can confirm probably a bit more than your estimate. Hasn’t rained this much since we moved here from lovely Brockton.

• Like 2