Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Dendrite and Jspin just threw their Stratus through the window out of anger.

I will say, I don’t do it for most snow events but there are times where I’m like hey, the Stratus collected that snow nicely… why not bring it inside and an hour later it’s liquid and you see how bad the models were with the QPF forecast :lol:.

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

:lol: You're crushing it today...must be reinvigorated by all of this core sample and LE talk.

Didn’t even see that chat yet. Just feeling good that Stein is still by my side while ctblizz and tblizz keep getting drenched while bitchin. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

No, entirely sarcastic. Believe it or not, I'm more resilient than my lawn and will perservere.

I depend on well water, and I definitely care about drought conditions.  You seem to make a joke about this whole thing.. I actually hope we go through an extended period of average precipitation in the U.S.

27 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I don't really care about LE of snow...I'm not gonna pull a Dendrite and cook the funnel to get LE..I just record how much snow fell.

Nah. We measure warm water, melt the snow, measure it all, and then subtract the added. No hormones killed in the process 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, wkd said:

I depend on well water, and I definitely care about drought conditions.  You seem to make a joke about this whole thing.. I actually hope we go through an extended period of average precipitation in the U.S.

In all seriousness, I do hope for your sake the drought breaks soon....the only impact for me personally is less time spent doing yard work.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Nah. Truthfully, I'll probably order one on Amazon soon.

I’m just busting.  The only reason I got one is I like the tenths and hundredths.  The hardware store ones were like quarter-inch markings only.  How am I to know the difference between 0.29” and 0.37”?!  :lol:

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’m just busting.  The only reason I got one is I like the tenths and hundredths.  The hardware store ones were like quarter-inch markings only.  How am I to know the difference between 0.29” and 0.37”?!  :lol:

Some weenie out in the forums is going to use this to toss the models due to poor initialization after a bad run.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's true, I use my best judgement. The one I have breaks it down by 1/8" So a little more detail.  Life gets busy, so I don't necessarily care too much if a whiff by a few hundredths when reporting. LOL.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The conundrum of a coastal snow weenie.

Sometimes I go back to the last 6 hrs of obs and snow flake size to help. If it's S+ with good flakes, that's 2"+/hr. If I can barely make out the house across the street, it's 3+/hr.  It just helps with determining what fell.