joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 26-27 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But to see a change like this at this juncture (especially after a great 00z) is pretty shocking to me. I think everyone thought a late phase but trended NW to bring big snows to Boston was definitely on the table... but this I think is pretty shocking.

This has got to be one of the most poorly modeled and forecasted storm like this I can remember.

I'm a junior in High School... planning on going to college for broadcast meteorology... and honestly, storms like this make me want to not have to deal with the stress of forecasting!!!

But to see a change like this at this juncture (especially after a great 00z) is pretty shocking to me. I think everyone thought a late phase but trended NW to bring big snows to Boston was definitely on the table... but this I think is pretty shocking.

This has got to be one of the most poorly modeled and forecasted storm like this I can remember.

If this turns out to be the correct solution - I hate to say it but in some respects it was another 1/25 in that it was horribly forecast outside of 36-48 hours.

You do have to wonder how often it's the case that the GFS is stronger than the NAM at this range. It's all very odd, especially when the RGEM which is so prone to blowing up lows is weak.

Well we've seen one or two of its ensemble members have a weenie solution like this recently...and also consider the NAM...yes I know its the NAM...but it really didn't show something this drastic by 48h when you can trust the model a little more. RGEM didn't really shot it either.

Believe me, I'd absolutely kill for this run to verify since I'm probably going to get way more than these other solutions...but I'm pretty skeptical of a jump this far...at least yet.

If the Euro amps it up this much...then probably game on.

Archived