• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 9: Little Critter that could part 2.

Sey-Mour Snow

Love that we have spent multiple of the past few Marches complaining about nothing to track/no snow.  Now, we have a situation that will make it at least look winter like outside and we are sitting here having sun angle talk/willing this thing not to happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HinghamBoss said:

Love that we have spent multiple of the past few Marches complaining about nothing to track/no snow.  Now, we have a situation that will make it at least look winter like outside and we are sitting here having sun angle talk/willing this thing not to happen.

Still probably a significant portion of this forum that will not see much of any snowfall from either IMO.

4 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

So correct. If this was November it’d torch away too. December is really nice, but in the end we take what we can get…as you said, the weather doesn’t give a shit what we like. 

Like recent Dec storms haven't touched away, Dec 2020 mid month most of the area was covered with 8 to 20 inches of snow and then that area to the nw from N PA to NNE with up to 40"....All gone by Christmas just about everywhere

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Sure did. Still pretty borderline in the valley in the boundary layer... I think we struggle quite a bit outside of the hills. 

Someone will prob do really well in a band. There's a pretty potent banding sig....so I wonder if it could be one of those things where even down in the valley someone gets 4-5" if they end up under a band for 2-3 hours but then not too far away where they miss the meat of the band is struggling in 33F 1 mile vis SN-.

925mb is like -4C so once under a band, I think it would wetbulb/latently cool down to 32F near the sfc. Def a steep low level lapse rate though so elevation will do well...esp if it's lighter.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Someone will prob do really well in a band. There's a pretty potent banding sig....so I wonder if it could be one of those things where even down in the valley someone gets 4-5" if they end up under a band for 2-3 hours but then not too far away where they miss the meat of the band is struggling in 33F 1 mile vis SN-.

925mb is like -4C so once under a band, I think it would wetbulb/latently cool down to 32F near the sfc. Def a steep low level lapse rate though so elevation will do well...esp if it's lighter.

Yeah - you can actually see that fairly well on the 3km NAM with the boundary layer chilling quite a bit as the heavier rates come in around 18z. Interesting event for sure,.