• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 9: Little Critter that could part 2.

Sey-Mour Snow

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Most snow occurs in late Dec at solar min, Early March snow lasts longer than late March obviously but March snows the first week can have staying power if followed by cold which we have seen many times. At any rate any snow is good in my book. He had a woodie  over April snows and was even on NBC 30 

He only gets wood if It’s elevation dependent.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do not agree . How many snow events are followed by a few days of cool to cold wx. Otherwise we wouldn’t have white Tgivings. Even a day in low 40’s in Nov it would last longer than Morch with low 40’s

You're cherry picking....White Tdays are not that common. Prob once every 5+ years for you. Sure, they are great when they happen....they just don't happen that often because the snow has to fall usually the day before or very close to Tday because snow torches away so fast in November when it does fall. Regardles, the debate is a total watse of time in this thread anyway. It's going to snow tomorrow whether people want it or not.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

You're cherry picking....White Tdays are not that common. Prob once every 5+ years for you. Sure, they are great when they happen....they just don't happen that often because the snow has to fall usually the day before or very close to Tday because snow torches away so fast in November when it does fall. Regardles, the debate is a total watse of time in this thread anyway. It's going to snow tomorrow whether people want it or not.

Agreed completely.  

Folks compare and get confused how they feel about things, verses what reality really shows. It’s easy to do for all of us at times with everything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is the definition  of a Morch stat pad event … couldn’t be drawn up better. Snows all day , accumulates and is completely torched away by 2:00 PM the following day. Anyone that prefers these in spring over a Nov or December event is just nuts. 

They help extend my ski season a bit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Hrrr soundings are pretty good. Bit of an unstable layer at the top of the saturated layer so could be some good bands. 

There's some good crosshair sig in there too on a lot of these soundings.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Kevin means the sun angle argument. But yeah overall it’s a warmer month. But it has a tenacity to linger with it basically being solar winter. But honestly the argument should be more for December and not November.

Yes this. I’m not saying Nov is colder than Morch. But snow will last longer in Nov given equal air masses 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It has some good H7 fronto

image.png.849bdabec40223cfc95618c0692271f9.png

image.png.1feb3a2de378bb16f2708616dbdf6de9.png

Yeah that’s the period of good banding. But it almost has competing areas for awhile. 
It’s a gulf system so it will have juice. I just thought it would have a bit more QPF, but I’m not really changing my thoughts either way.  It does have a good period of WAA which will help.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

But what about the song "Over the river and through the woods"?  They explicitly say "The horse knows the way to carry the sleigh,
Through (the) white and drifted snow!".  There are no St. Patrick's Day snow related songs.  This obviously means that March isn't a real snow month

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah that’s the period of good banding. But it almost has competing areas for awhile. 
It’s a gulf system so it will have juice. I just thought it would have a bit more QPF, but I’m not really changing my thoughts either way.  It does have a good period of WAA which will help.

It's not going to be a big system I don't think....but there will be some 3-5" amounts I think in areas that get lucky banding while some other areas may have light snow at 33F that has trouble accumulating efficiently.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It's not going to be a big system I don't think....but there will be some 3-5" amounts I think in areas that get lucky banding while some other areas may have light snow at 33F that has trouble accumulating efficiently.

That's how I see it too.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I was thinking lollis to 4"...but most spots 2-3".