Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,188
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Michael Butler
    Newest Member
    Michael Butler
    Joined

March Banter 2022


George BM
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, nj2va said:

Conference isn’t as deep as usual. Of course still has good teams capable of winning the whole thing. that duke / mi st game was an instant classic. 

The defense that Duke put on Michigan St the last 3 minutes was impressive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/16/2022 at 5:44 PM, North Balti Zen said:

Glad things are better now Mrs. J.

On my end, the youngest home from college, the grill fired up, and two whole chickens quartered and marinating. Classic alternative on the speaker. Beer in use. A good Wednesday. 

 

On 3/16/2022 at 5:47 PM, CAPE said:

Nice!

Listening to some of that myself. Got The Cure on now. Drinking a hazy IPA.

 

On 3/16/2022 at 6:12 PM, North Balti Zen said:

On now: The Killing Moon - Echo and the Bunnymen (still an all-time great song)

Recently played:  Head Like a Hole - Don't You (forget about me) - Just Like Heaven - How Soon is Now - One Thing Leads to Another

All of the above is comforting to hear....some days I feel like I might be one of the very few listening to SiriusXM's 1st Wave channel and its related online-only variations (e.g., 1st Wave Party, etc.). Nobody else in my family can listen to it all day like I do. My adult sons still look at me sideways when I put on any R.E.M.  :( 

On 3/20/2022 at 4:28 PM, CAPE said:

Love this dude. A true musicologist. Love how he can deconstruct/isolate, and analyze each component of a song. And what a song this was/is. A masterpiece by Boston.

 

Agree 100%. This thing is a rock symphony. I blast the volume EVERY time it comes on the radio. And I freak out at the pick slide in the middle just like this guy does, every time.  ;) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/20/2022 at 4:28 PM, CAPE said:

Love this dude. A true musicologist. Love how he can deconstruct/isolate, and analyze each component of a song. And what a song this was/is. A masterpiece by Boston.

 

He does a great job analyzing music from many different Genres as well. 

Look at this channel as well....He breaks down songs from a sound engineer perspective, which is intersting-->    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0zCC_pb_p5rH2PqWlzBEw 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

The pump is primed for Tornadoes! Good Grief! 

Image

i bumped into Ryan Hall's livestream last night after 10:00.  He has hooked up with most of the stormchasers and would communicate with them through the night.  Seems pretty legit.....anyone else heard of him? 

 

I don't think he is a hack, but would like to see what others think about him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

i bumped into Ryan Hall's livestream last night after 10:00.  He has hooked up with most of the stormchasers and would communicate with them through the night.  Seems pretty legit.....anyone else heard of him? 

 

I don't think he is a hack, but would like to see what others think about him. 

Oh ya! Ryan Hall is awesome! I was watching him late into the evening as well. Two of the chasers (including Reed) pretty much had the tornado hit them.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Headed to Deep Creek to hang with my friends who own Lakefront lodge.  Should be some good snows especially Saturday and Saturday night.  Maybe a few inches at minimum. Taking a lil brunette honey along :D

LWX early map has Deep Creek area in the 5-8” specks. Easily thinking 3-6”+ at this point. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

LWX early map has Deep Creek area in the 5-8” specks. Easily thinking 3-6”+ at this point. 

I've been traveling elsewhere and absent for the past 3 weeks, looking forward to a promising return this weekend.  A lot of firewood on my porch to get rid of before we break out the patio furniture for summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, 87storms said:

it's been kind of annoyingly breezy during the nicer days we've had.  i'm still trying to figure out if it's a frederick, east side of the catoctin's thing, or it's just been that way (some of those la nina years like 2013-15 had that consistent breeze situation going on).

in other news, i've had to step in as a scrum master (which I think you said you do) and ran my first sprint planning yesterday.  that was tricky given that i had about a week and a half to transition/learn what i'm doing to run it properly.

Also, i can honestly say i don't need snow at this point.  if it happens, cool, but those 60 degree days were pretty amazing.

Yup! I've been doing general PM and scrum master work for quite a few years now, though in my current project of 30+ people, we've broken down into five teams and I've assigned scrum masters for each one. Now I, as the PM, just have them run their scrums and I get to watch from afar. :lol:

Good to hear that you stepped into the role! The people I chose as scrum masters deserved the chance to show that they can run the show - they're people that us senior folks on the team have identified as having leadership potential, and on our team it's a good way to help them grow. If you stepped in and are getting it done, then it speaks well of you!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, 87storms said:

i'd like to report that i still have my final four picks and 6/8 elite eight's.  the rest has been a shitshow, but holding onto my late picks...for now.

Yeah, I'm like 9th out of 15 in my league, but have the most points possible left on the board, so that's something.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RIC_WX said:

I've been traveling elsewhere and absent for the past 3 weeks, looking forward to a promising return this weekend.  A lot of firewood on my porch to get rid of before we break out the patio furniture for summer.

I am not looking forward to more cold weather but if it's going to be sucky weather, might as well get some snow out of it.  I was hoping to get a head start on power washing the deck this weekend to prep it for an eventual re-stain this spring but that'll have to hold off until a few more weeks (at least).  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Yup! I've been doing general PM and scrum master work for quite a few years now, though in my current project of 30+ people, we've broken down into five teams and I've assigned scrum masters for each one. Now I, as the PM, just have them run their scrums and I get to watch from afar. :lol:

Good to hear that you stepped into the role! The people I chose as scrum masters deserved the chance to show that they can run the show - they're people that us senior folks on the team have identified as having leadership potential, and on our team it's a good way to help them grow. If you stepped in and are getting it done, then it speaks well of you!

thanks, yea this contract is nuts.  we have 3 teams, but probably around the same number of people total (around 30-35 if i had to guess).  one of the SM's left and so they added me as SM until they figure things out.  problem is we now only have 1 ba on a team that could easily have 2-3 ba's and also have to balance the new PI planning in 2 weeks.  we're short-staffed with devs as well. 

I actually don't mind the SM role so far, though.  the scrum ceremonies I can get used to, but not a fan of the fact that I also have to run multiple help desk calls along with other non-agile related tasks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey @vastateofmind!  An early happy birthday to you...fellow March 25 birthday!!  I'll be out of town this weekend, going up to Ohio tomorrow to visit for the weekend (and celebrate), so wanted to send wishes today.  I'll be turning 29, not saying how many times I have though!  Perhaps as old as @H2O or older than dirt!! :lol:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Hey @vastateofmind!  An early happy birthday to you...fellow March 25 birthday!!  I'll be out of town this weekend, going up to Ohio tomorrow to visit for the weekend (and celebrate), so wanted to send wishes today.  I'll be turning 29, not saying how many times I have though!  Perhaps as old as @H2O or older than dirt!! :lol:

Thank you, my friend, and I wish you the very same!! While we've not formally "met," you're still the ONLY person I know in this area who shares the same cake day. Have a safe trip and enjoy your weekend away!

And LOL...yeah, I've lost count how many times I've turned 29...but I'm quite sure it's more times than both you AND @H2O;)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, nj2va said:

I am not looking forward to more cold weather but if it's going to be sucky weather, might as well get some snow out of it.  I was hoping to get a head start on power washing the deck this weekend to prep it for an eventual re-stain this spring but that'll have to hold off until a few more weeks (at least).  

Uggggh, SAME. I let the early warmup tempt me, and plan (seemingly too early) my own power washing of the back patios this weekend. Just as well, as I haven't accounted for the annoying red bloom thingys that fall from the trees, as well as the damn spinners which will make their appearance in several weeks...all of which stain the patios.  :( 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Hey @vastateofmind!  An early happy birthday to you...fellow March 25 birthday!!  I'll be out of town this weekend, going up to Ohio tomorrow to visit for the weekend (and celebrate), so wanted to send wishes today.  I'll be turning 29, not saying how many times I have though!  Perhaps as old as @H2O or older than dirt!! :lol:

 

28 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Thank you, my friend, and I wish you the very same!! While we've not formally "met," you're still the ONLY person I know in this area who shares the same cake day. Have a safe trip and enjoy your weekend away!

And LOL...yeah, I've lost count how many times I've turned 29...but I'm quite sure it's more times than both you AND @H2O;)

I dunno. I get told plenty by a couple friends that post here that anything pre 1975 is the same as 1675. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, H2O said:

I dunno. I get told plenty by a couple friends that post here that anything pre 1975 is the same as 1675. 

Easy there fella. That’s like saying our places of residence share the same climo…

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

Thank you, my friend, and I wish you the very same!! While we've not formally "met," you're still the ONLY person I know in this area who shares the same cake day. Have a safe trip and enjoy your weekend away!

And LOL...yeah, I've lost count how many times I've turned 29...but I'm quite sure it's more times than both you AND @H2O;)

Same. Well, I knew one kid in like 6th grade who also had the same birthday, but that was back in ancient times! Like before I even rode dinosaurs to school! Couldn't afford that until high school! :lol:

Take heart knowing that Howard Cosell also was born on Mar 25!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...