Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Cold with full sun the last few days of March is impressive.   A lot of missing data on the big climate sites but I’m surmising most finish mildly above for temperatures in March.   2012 did not walk in  this year....

Like February, late month cold modified a very AN finish to one a bit more than 2° AN.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

d15 op trash, but looks about right

GFSNE_sfc_temp_366.png

You know I see this sort of ludicrousness a lot with these D10 to 15 ranges...  ( uh, a different ludicrousness than just the ludicrous range LOL)

It's almost like the model tech has finally gotten better with the lower tropospheric physical interplay with real BL inhibitors ... so it just applies that forcing at all times now.  But in reality, sometimes that stuff does happen with bend around damming this, ..and BD that, but sometimes it doesn't - I'm saying it seems this way..  The GFS seems to go too far, biased to create 0 ability to bring warm air in here with f'in it up with any way it can.

As expected ...solid recovery this afternoon though.  Probably we high T at 5 sun provided - if it dims with high cloud, no.   But 20 to 25 to 50 or near so is pretty solid. 

We don't drop tonight... Tomorrow is still not clear.  Supports low 70s easily, but the warm sector looks dirty.