Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

On 3/19/2022 at 6:08 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

Will fights me on this most times.. but this year he can’t. This is going down as warmest Morch since 2012. With at or above normal signaled right thru month end. I love the early green up. All lawns are just Instant spring this year. Especially if you take care of them and fertilize. 

On 3/19/2022 at 6:21 PM, ORH_wxman said:

The reason you get a lot of resistance is for posts like these. Do you look at any data or just decide to post and hope it’s not spectacularly inaccurate? 

1. There’s a decent chance that this March is actually colder than 2020 and 2021. Throw in 2016 too if you want yet another year that this one won’t beat post-2012. 

2. All guidance is signaling a return to colder weather the final week of the month. 

On 3/19/2022 at 6:35 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

Dude you must have been so .. high. This Tool song .. which by the way is one of the top 5 best rock songs ever .. is for you.

Have you looked at the month? Look at the numbers MTD and then look at the landscape.It tells the tale . Ensembles show a normal to slightly AN pattern thru end of month . Mild days and cool nights. I truly do not get what you’re looking at . Blues in late Morch don’t mean cold .

Time for verification:

For BDL or ORH (doesn't matter which one he picks), March 2022 will come in colder than March 2021, 2020, and 2016.

Don't need to post numbers for the cold in the final week of the month....everyone knows it was cold (broke or tied daily record maxes at all SNE first order sites a few days ago).

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Time for verification:

For BDL or ORH (doesn't matter which one he picks), March 2022 will come in colder than March 2021, 2020, and 2016.

Don't need to post numbers for the cold in the final week of the month....everyone knows it was cold (broke or tied daily record maxes at all SNE first order sites a few days ago).

The discussion if you read it .. was thru that date . Morch 19. It was never meant or insinuated that the month would end as 2nd warmest .It was clear the final 11 days would cool the numbers 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The discussion if you read it .. was thru that date . Morch 19. It was never meant or insinuated that the month would end as 2nd warmest .It was clear the final 11 days would cool the numbers 

You literally told me how off the deep end I was replying to my post about how there were several Marches since 2012 that would be warmer than 2022 and also how "blues don't mean cold" when I said the end of the month would be cold.

Take the L dude....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

"This is going down as warmest Morch since 2012".  "Ensembles show a normal to slightly AN pattern thru end of month"

Kev... here are 2 quotes from your 3/19/22 discussion with Will... Hard to run away from those words??? 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

It was still pretty warm overall. ORH was +2.9 coming into the day and that’s with the new normals too. Definitely not a 2010 or 2012, but there was a lack of true cold until the final week.

I wonder ... were those more nocturnally owned?  

I physically recall both 2010 and in particular, 2012 as being warm to touch ... This year did not seem that way to me.  I'm not not sure what my own perception problem is with this, but it didn't feel above normal.   

Now, in fairness to 2012, ...that March was like "climate freak" above normal.  Being +8 to +14 is some kind of New England version of Pac NW only in March ( so as usually ...we experience our "extraordinary" heat while no one is looking)    ...

What is it about this region - everything's gotta be under the radar, or while no one's looking. 

I want a 10 day mustard bomb heat wave for f sake!   From my A.C. protected enclave... I want to "experience" the 4 middle days = 105/79, 107/84, 109/86, 106/87 followed by a BD that tanks the temp to 91 because it's so ridiculous the Earth just radiatively saturates the BD air...  Then it can 90, 90 ...84 ...

Seriously though... I question whether the sun at this latitude can do that with the bottom of the boundary layer dropping out east of the els... It's like it has to input so much energy, and with DP ... it may be geological limitation ?   interesting...

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

It was still pretty warm overall. ORH was +2.9 coming into the day and that’s with the new normals too. Definitely not a 2010 or 2012, but there was a lack of true cold until the final week.

You can’t reason with them. Let them go . A 2 day cold snap in a background state very warm month 

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You can’t reason with them. Let them go . A 2 day cold snap in a background state very warm month 

You are arguing against a strawman. Exactly zero of my posts said it would finish below normal for the month. I clearly stated that the end of the month had a cold pattern and that the month would finish colder than multiple years since 2012 debunking your claim that this would be the warmest March since 2012. 

After I posted those things, you went on a rampage of posts with beer cans flying everywhere. IPA caps found in the couch cushions days later. 

• Haha 2