Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 14 Super Bowl comeback snow OBS

Ginx snewx

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Well just keep in mind the ratios then. I’m seeing multiple high ratio obs on cocorahs. So it doesn’t necessarily need to take much liquid to get 2”. 

Running back through the last 24 hours of model runs and it seems the globals in particular struggled to capture the magnitude of f-gen in the mid levels. NAM had it, but GFS faded it well south of where it actually is. Euro somewhere in between.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Running back through the last 24 hours of model runs and it seems the globals in particular struggled to capture the magnitude of f-gen in the mid levels. NAM had it, but GFS faded it well south of where it actually is. Euro somewhere in between.

Can you explain the WRF FV3 struggles recently it didn't have the banding either.  I believe you said it's replacing nam And hrrr, that's concerning given how well hrrr has done of late.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The NORLUN will be nice 

Is it actually a Norlun That’s being forecasted?  A Norlun is a lil more special of an inverted trough in my mind…don’t know if I’m mistaken in that idea? But is that’s what being forecast? I mean does it really matter what is being forecast…this looks to be a nowcast anyway,  

Just now, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Can you explain the WRF FV3 struggles recently it didn't have the banding either.  I believe you said it's replacing nam And hrrr, that's concerning given how well hrrr has done of late.

I'm not sure if it specifically will be replacing everything, but the rapid refresh forecast system (RRFS) will be taking the place of all the hi-res stuff. That's not until late 2023 at best, so I expect a lot of work on the CAM FV3.

I honestly don't know enough about it to know why it has struggled so much.