• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Feb 14 Super Bowl comeback snow OBS

Ginx snewx

We have a solid 2 inches now. Earlier I said 1.5 inches by eyeball, turned out 1.75 when I measured but it has been snowing steady for over an hour now. Fluff doesnt seem so bad! It is sticking to just about everything, looks magical.

Latest RAP and HRRR show us getting around an inch more. before it pulls east.

8 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Looks like radar just filled in a whole bunch way west of here.... I am starting to doubt the HRRR and RAP and think they could be too conservative for the extent westward of the reaches of advisory-level snows.

All the models have the western edge too far East, may only mean an extra inch my way.

3 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

All the models have the western edge too far East, may only mean an extra inch my way.

Wow seems like it. 

And this is a fun storm. Not much wind so it is just coming straight down like somebody is standing over us dumping it. 

It is not out of the realm of possibility that where I live there could be 4 to 6 inches total once it is done. 

• Thanks 1

I did not change the coloring of these photos. This is actually the new parking lot lamps. I only edited the contrast to show the ruler. Coming down good.

In other news… You know the sound the crowd makes when you throw the bowling ball backwards on Nintendo Wii? That is the sound my neighbors are occasionally making.

EE350CC5-BCA0-46DE-8AAB-9EA2FE717006.jpeg

40FED2A2-0A23-441C-AFE9-3272189F11E6.jpeg

Congrats to you guys down there.  I have not even paid attention to this storm. Just high and middle  clouds  with blue sky to the NW. My 35" winter continues up here with no storms in sight other than a warm cutter later. Solid 9" pack that I can walk that  will be mostly gone by next weekend.

The storm to my SE did give a nice sunset.  If I can't post snow pics than I guess a sunset will have to do.

Feb 13 sunset.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Regenerating pretty nicely right now. Some of the more bullish models had this look so it’ll be interesting to see if someone scores pretty good tonight

image.gif.0156d2cb1dedea71e619ce489fa7081f.gif

Still getting the same ratios as this morning?  I’m just checking back in.  If it’s fluff someone will get 7+ right?

19 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I did not change the coloring of these photos. This is actually the new parking lot lamps. I only edited the contrast to show the ruler. Coming down good.

In other news… You know the sound the crowd makes when you throw the bowling ball backwards on Nintendo Wii? That is the sound my neighbors are occasionally making.

EE350CC5-BCA0-46DE-8AAB-9EA2FE717006.jpeg

40FED2A2-0A23-441C-AFE9-3272189F11E6.jpeg

Looks like the parking lot of the Ultra Violet strip club in Willimantic? I hear there's a better one in Tolland...

5 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Congrats to you guys down there.  I have not even paid attention to this storm. Just high and middle  clouds  with blue sky to the NW. My 35" winter continues up here with no storms in sight other than a warm cutter later. Solid 9" pack that I can walk that  will be mostly gone by next weekend.

The storm to my SE did give a nice sunset.  If I can't post snow pics than I guess a sunset will have to do.

Feb 13 sunset.jpg

Fantastic rural mountainy land. Would be majestic to live there. Historically New Hampshire is known for getting a lot of snow. And I see that is true when I look at average maps. 

So my question for you is....... On a decent winter... Say one that is 120% to 160% of average for snowfall... How deep is the snowpack there at its height?

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Still getting the same ratios as this morning?  I’m just checking back in.  If it’s fluff someone will get 7+ right?

I’d say here the snow growth is not quite as good as this morning but still very solid. This morning was like 20 or 25 to 1 blower fluff…this evening seems more like the 15-18 to 1 variety.

This morning I was getting those solid nickel sized hooked dendrites. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Feb 13 sunset.jpg

The sunset was fantastic.

• Like 2