Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

6 minutes ago, Greg said:

I'd say by now we're over a foot but with this drifting it is ridiculous. As you stated and me earlier, just terrible to measure. If I showed a picture on here of my property/ back + Front, yard, Porch, many comments here would say that it looks definitely over a foot.

Ya could be, We will end up with well over a foot I’m sure

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Last time i asked if it was him it was another Chris.......lol, I had to pour a little more baileys in my coffee so i had to go.

Lol.. I can picture the uncomfortableness .. Awkward silence.. and then the other Chris heard the Baileys hitting the coffee.. asked you if you were “peeing”.. and you quickly hung up 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, mostman said:

Best snow growth of the day here now. Let’s see how long it hangs around. 

That stuff rotating southwest from SE NH is helping out…but it looks like the echoes are starting to open up south of PVD so we’ll have to watch if that starts trying to chew away the echoes from the south over the next hour

image.gif.213fcaa7e6aceac3887cb8a1ba07d605.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Is their an objective standard for “frequent”? 

I used to just look to see if it gusted to 35 each hour but not sure if there is a more stringent standard. 

Not really. For me if I'm seeing a PK WND or G better than 30 kt in each ob it's frequent enough for me.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Last time i asked if it was him it was another Chris.......lol, I had to pour a little more baileys in my coffee so i had to go.

He's off to LSX, so don't have that problem anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were just a little too far west for the best goods on this one. I hope to squeeze out at least another inch before this is done. 

I don’t know how to measure it beyond my own ideas of trying to calculate how much moved off of the open areas. A lot of open areas only have around 8 to 12 inches which I measured using a yard stick. This is less than I eyeballed an hour ago. There were a couple parking spots that had a flat 10 inches when I measured those 3 hours ago but they’ve since been disturbed.

There are however a few handsome drifts around. And, thanks to both snow removal and drifting combined, one of our exits is no longer ideal. 

the true snowfall so far could be one foot, as a generous estimate. 

A79BC279-FA37-413D-AC37-17F85DFEE3A8.jpeg

09D8613A-270C-465C-A4EB-9F1FFC0EEBE1.jpeg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

I did one pass and it's got some meat to it. Best rates of the day now though

Yeah, it’s more sand than fluff. Coming down decently here as well. Definitely reminds me of a SWFE kind of consistency to the snow. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Been pretty much 20-30mph sustained with a couple low 40's until this last one.

15-20mph sustained winds on Casco Bay. Ferry canceled three downbay afternoon runs. Probably 8"-9" snow but constant wind leaving some spots bare and 12"-18" drifts against buildings, so hard to tell. Depth gauge clearly frozen. No whiteout conditions to brag about.

• Like 1