joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

1 minute ago, Cold Miser said:

I worked hard for it.

lol

Lol, it can feel that way. Ray worked overtime for 11” which equates to min wage, I worked as hard for 6” which is practically slave labor…while some in SEMA barely broke a sweat for 30” like they’re wall st fat cats collecting dividend shares.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Coventry and Tolland both had 14”-15” BOX generally ignores our whole country .. so you won’t see many reports 

14-15 seems kind of high but whatever. We're near the top of hill that faces northeast so maybe our snow blew away. The wind was the deal with this storm it never let up all day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Lol, it can feel that way. Ray worked overtime for 11” which equates to min wage, I worked as hard for 6” which is practically slave labor…while some in SEMA barely broke a sweat for 30” like they’re wall st fat cats collecting dividend shares.

lol...Think about guys like Bob in Taunton.  Dude doesn't even really like snow, but yet with minimal to no effort he still ended up scoring huge dividends.  Guys like Ray just can't catch a break in this current market.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Greg said:

I agree with you. That 22" in North Burlington looks a little suspect. The 19 in Southern Wilmington looks pretty Good and the others east/southeast of that look good due to that band that tickled us but yeah, that 22" amount is a little suspect. Might have to Data Clean/Quality Control some of those totals but not much.

NWS knows their forecast busted badly here, using bad data to verify.  lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I saw this which seems like the dude is very serious and I saw a 14” from N Cov

If it's right, it's fascinating - but his 11am and 2pm measurements don't line up at all with your noon measurement of 8-9 or your afternoon measurement of 13".

1 minute ago, CT Valley Dryslot said:

It snowed until 9PM here though.

Right, I'm aware. And I believe an extra 3 to maybe even 5" after 3pm because those bands are usually high ratio stuff. But it wasnt the Worcester band, and 13" at like 330-4pm seems very off. Would also mean Kevin only got an additional 1" after that, which is also believable because those bands were definitely better further north into MA.

Just now, CT Valley Dryslot said:

This guy must be close to where I live. All I have to do is turn onto Route 31 for a few miles and I'm in Coventry.

He’s always got detailed obs and measurements and liquid equivalent since I’ve followed him .  All I can say is I measured my snow, just like I always do and reported what I had. People can do what they want with it. I have been all over town today , talked and texted to people .. even asked a few to measure and by all accounts I got 13-17.5” answers. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

He’s always got detailed obs and measurements and liquid equivalent since I’ve followed him .  All I can say is I measured my snow, just like I always do and reported what I had. People can do what they want with it. I have been all over town today , talked and texted to people .. even asked a few to measure and by all accounts I got 13-17.5” answers. 

Well then congrats, and it is still fascinating.

9 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Well then congrats, and it is still fascinating.

It’s a sunny, deep winter day. Hop in the Taurus and take a Sunday drive up to Coventry and Tolland. Bring your own ruler and yardstick.. make sure you’re wearing your leggings snow pants that are boot cut. Get some measurements . When you’re done, lemme know and we can grab a few beers. 

• Haha 1