Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-29, 2022 Miller abcdefu Storm Threat

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

The one thing I am taking away from the morning runs is the front end is more robust for those of us to the NW. I am thinking 2-4 is a realistic possibility with that part. And 2-4 is better than nothing. 

Are we hammered yet? Crushed? Beatdown? Lol. Good luck brother. I probably won’t be here. Unless … my morning meditation brings this low to Hampton. Warning to the majority… I’m trying to will this thing inland. Beware!!! :lol:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

In an hour, I'll be on Amtrak during the 12z runs, heading to NYC for a day appointment.  If the Amtrak wifi is per usual, I will have the internet speed of AOL 4.0 with a 56k modem.  But I'll try my best to do some pbp.

I am already out to 60 and its norther, easter, wester, drier, sharper, cut offer, omegaer, trougher, Miller ABACABer

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Are we hammered yet? Crushed? Beatdown? Lol. Good luck brother. I probably won’t be here. Unless … my morning meditation brings this low to Hampton. Warning to the majority… I’m trying to will this thing inland. Beware!!! :lol:

I am seriously considering going to the beach for this one. But I dont want to do it if its going to be a miserable cold rainer there. Nothing better than standing on the beach with 35 MPH winds and ripping powder. Change that to rain and it is about as miserable as it gets. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

In an hour, I'll be on Amtrak during the 12z runs, heading to NYC for a day appointment.  If the Amtrak wifi is per usual, I will have the internet speed of AOL 4.0 with a 56k modem.  But I'll try my best to do some pbp.

Wow.  It's been a couple years since I've been on Amtrak.  Excited to hear they've upgraded the WiFi experience from Prodigy 1.0 with a 300 baud modem.

7 minutes ago, H2O said:

I don't know about y'all but if we gonna track thins GD storm all week and not cash in the only Miller I care about it a lot of this.

image.png.798bfcf37882b889fd70a4541bb28e7c.png

Lite.  That's the kind of snow we'll end up with.  

edit:   You could have at least used the Genuine Drift.

more edit: Better than Bermuda High Life I suppose.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Your vaccine should help with your 5G service, though! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wow.  It's been a couple years since I've been on Amtrak.  Excited to hear they've upgraded the WiFi experience from Prodigy 1.0 with a 300 baud modem.

Took one from Norfolk to DC not too long ago and was pleasantly surprised with the internet, much better than it used to be.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Been said time and time again - the on-land data sampling thing is mostly a thing of the past. Remote sensing has some a LONG way - the vast majority of waves/energy etc are sampled quite well by satellites. 

What probably ends up happening is coincidence imo. Maybe not every time but by the time a shortwave hits the conus, leads are pretty short and models should be honing in due to less time/error problems. The seeming "jump" in guidance happens all over that timeframe shortening. Shortwave sampling or statistical accuracy? Cast your vote 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

What probably ends up happening is coincidence imo. Maybe not every time but by the time a shortwave hits the conus, leads are pretty short and models should be honing in due to less time/error problems. The seeming "jump" in guidance happens all over that timeframe shortening. Shortwave sampling or statistical accuracy? Cast your vote 

I would agree here. But I’m also a believer that data is best collected where humans actually exist. A huge piece to this puzzle is gonna be the actual longitude of the ns energy that dives in. That piece is currently in a place that might as well be the moon.

From observation the euro control is typically very similar (but lower res) as the op inside about 120 hours. So I think it’s valid when they match at 90 to use the control to get a general sense where the off hours op was going the next 24 hours or so. Beyond that it loses value. And it’s no more valuable than the op which has debatable value lately. And it won’t see details like the op due to lower resolution. Take all that however you want. 

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

I'm more in the Wwxluvr camp, it hasn't been that great of a winter out here to the NW... those who say we win a lot, suit yourselves but I want snow. 

It’s still been better to date than last year. And last year was a pretty good winter. Long way to go. I’ve been satisfied so far.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

I'm more in the Wwxluvr camp, it hasn't been that great of a winter out here to the NW... those who say we win a lot, suit yourselves but I want snow. 

I just spent 6 years with super boring winters in AA county while NW got crushed. I move NW and AA county gets a great winter while I get another winter of frozen mud and storms missing east, West, North and south. 

44 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

So Randy's pbp gonna be like...

B-b-b-booooog                                beep-beep-bop-beep-beep-bop Ee-eeeek skrrrrr-rahhhhhhhh                    E-urng E-urng E-urngah                Skurrrrrrrrrrrr SKerrrrrrrrr SKeeeek!

Welcome!        You've got model!  Gfs out to 6 (5 mins later) out to 12...   

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

So Randy's pbp gonna be like...

B-b-b-booooog                    beep-beep-bop-beep-beep-bop Ee-eeeek skrrrrr-rahhhhhhhh      E-urng E-urng E-urngah                Skurrrrrrrrrrrr SKerrrrrrrrr SKeeeek!

Welcome!        You've got model!  Gfs out to 6 (5 mins later) out to 12...   

:lol: I remember that exact experience loading model runs before the Blizzard of 1996.

• Haha 2

• mappy locked and unpinned this topic