• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Not a bad spot 6 days out 

Yes, thank you Will. 

Everybody wants to see it in a perfect spot 6-7 days out. WTF?  It’s fine where it is at the moment.  

the modeling doesn’t have every major player modeled perfectly at a week out. Not even remotely close. You change one lil thing and it’s east or west etc etc of where it is today.  The signal is there still. Let’s keep it like that for a bit longer. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Then how comes the models can't amplify anything?

Because perhaps the ridg/trough placement isn’t ideal for a specific location. But progressive patterns are ones that offer weak or no cyclogenesis. This one is going to have a strong system offshore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

My area sucks for snow but your area shouldn't really be struggling in this pattern.

Just because it’s not putting the system right where you think it should be at a week out, doesn’t mean it’s a progressive pattern at all. There’s a big ridge out west, and a deep trough along the east coast…all you need to see a week out imo. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yup…and many never learn. 

Some are acting like this is east of bermuda heading to England, Its clipping the eastern areas and i would say that's a good place right now for it, Still 6+ days out and we only need a 75-100 mi shift over that period.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Maybe seeing it be 970mb over SYR would be better at this time frame?  

Right!   I mean everybody all upset cuz it’s a bit east at a week out. Holy jeez.  Every single big boy we’ve ever gotten in the last 20 yrs has gone through this same cycle.  

If it were right on us at 6-7 days out, would that make people feel better?  I mean, if it were right where we wanted it today, it’s gonna stay right there for us for another week right?  Lmao….    This thing has some major evolving yet to come..Buckle up. 

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m not sure what you guys expect 6+ days out.  I want nothing to do with a jackpot 6 days out. Kiss of death. 

Yeah this season has thrown so many people on tilt. Literally throwing tantrums about sub-970 scrapers at D6. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It is HE who said big boys don’t happen in nina’s, they never do, which we proceeded to prove him wrong. So now he spins it. Ya can’t trust him.

Well he did sleep through most of the KUs in 2011 so you can’t totally blame him. Maybe when he woke up he thought he was shoveling several 3-6” events?

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Some are acting like this is east of bermuda heading to England, Its clipping the eastern areas and i would say that's a good place right now for it, Still 6+ days out and we only need a 75-100 mi shift over that period.

Weenies get scared. They need to see all models crushing their area on every run for a week straight. T minus 12 hours from go-time and we start getting the “all models suck” posts when the storm evolution looks nothing like it did at d7. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Posted in wrong thread but 850 actually doesn't look bad

eps_u850_anom_eastcoastus_144.png

eps_mslp_lows_conus_144.png

Everything looks about where it should for almost a week out in time. We track and monitor. That’s all we can ask for at this juncture. It’s gonna ebb and flow over the next few days…more revelations coming with this. 

• Like 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...
  • dendrite pinned this topic
  • dendrite unpinned this topic