• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

0z Euro trough digs too little too late, results in a scraper

As much weight as another ensemble member this far out, especially given track record this season

It's not just any one piece of guidance...there is a general trend in the aggregate to have more of a kicker out west.

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It's not just any one piece of guidance...there is a general trend in the aggregate to have more of a kicker out west.

Agree, but we've seen trends like this reverse dramatically in shorter lead time. A touch more phase, axis of ridging out west... all very much in flux on guidance and days before we get better clarity.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, 00z EPS maybe a hair better.

OT but I really wish I was looking at models back when that storm was FX it must have really been something to see. I remember the nws, the weather Channel and local news couldn't hype it enough. I remember Paul kocin said it will possibly be the biggest storm in over 50 years possibly 100 (1888). 

34 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

OT but I really wish I was looking at models back when that storm was FX it must have really been something to see. I remember the nws, the weather Channel and local news couldn't hype it enough. I remember Paul kocin said it will possibly be the biggest storm in over 50 years possibly 100 (1888). 

I remember vividly....I didn't view models back then, but just read AFDs and watched TWC constantly. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

06 GFS is a scraper. This all reminds me of tracking a tropical storm out of the Bahamas.  They always have that lean to the right unless they hug the coast. Everything right now including ENS is too far off the coast but it's extremely close. We track but have flags up.

Hopefully those reminders include how futile tracking  95% of those tropical systems is. 

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...
  • dendrite pinned this topic
  • dendrite unpinned this topic