Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late January and February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Whew, was waiting on somebody else.   Yes, NAM looks better than the GFS 84 vs 90 so far.   Vort (that tail) is less elongated/more easter

So yeah, I agree. We either have to eject the sw piece sooner or slow down/move west the ns piece. I like the option of slowing that ns piece in hopes of a clean phase.However it happens I still maintain we need a neutral tilt at the least by the Mississippi River.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

It's definitely closer than prior runs, which I think is a positive step with still some time left to mediate the smaller shifts into something more respectable. One thing I do like is the prospects of a little snowfall prior to the SLP generation with a bit of a diffluent signature prior to the mean trough pivoting eastward. I think that could still give a touch of snow to the area regardless of the coastal outcome. An earlier neutral/neg tilt would only enhance the pre-game component. Something to monitor in the grand scheme of it all. 

Been showing up on a lot of the recent runs. 06z Icon snows for 6-10 hours with that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Little less spacing in between that front wave and the northern vort digging down at 57

It’s weaker with the SW coming through MT at 60. I don’t like that. What started the improvements last night 0z was that coming in stronger and it continued through 6z. This run is markedly weaker. 

maybe it won’t mean much but i don’t like that early on. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic