Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late January and February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Actually i see why. ugh.  it looked sharper better..but it doesn't "tuck" like 6z

It's still a good run, didn't really get any worse. With that look and evolution up top, I suspect we'd like the outcome if it kept up on this path. Definitely have come a long way since yesterday afternoon even. 

Just now, DDweatherman said:

It's still a good run, didn't really get any worse. With that look and evolution up top, I suspect we'd like the outcome if it kept up on this path. Definitely have come a long way since yesterday afternoon even. 

Agree, see below.  I just was looking at low position vs 6z

Just now, stormtracker said:

Agree, see below.  I just was looking at low position vs 6z

There are a few differences in timing overall which makes some of the trough positionings look slightly east in later frames, but its actually the location of the storm. h5 @ hour 126, we can work with that. Further improvement from there would be a nice storm for most of our sub. 

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Yes, this actually is better at the surface than 6z.  @psuhoffman, explain this shit!  Low is further east, but precip gets thrown back further west

I think the low placement is a little off looking at the upper levels. GFS had is kinda elongated to the SW and that threw more snow into NC. Might be some more ensembles slower and further in 12z. 

Just now, stormtracker said:

Well, I dunno then.  Honestly was trying to protect RR...but I mean, hey.  whatever.  You know me.  Idgaf

Not trying to cause trouble with you lol... I just wanted to say if you are going to say that here, make it board wide, that's all.

4-6" line runs the i95 corridor on the snow maps... more as you get to the Eastern Shore

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic