• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

1 minute ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Yes 110” is about average here so I’m definitely hoping for that but time is starting to run out to get another 15” this season. What’s your seasonal total at? 

I’m a bit less than you at 86.3” for the season so not far off the 93” seasonal at KBUF. I’m hoping for 100” and I’m liking next weeks chances 

13 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Pulling out your inner Matt???

No I just am not enjoying the snow the way I used to.  Full transparency is I loved to drink IPAs in the snow. I quit drinking nearly a year ago and it’s just not the same. That may sound sad but it’s my truth!  

The good news is I’ve lost 30 pounds, am completely ripped and can dunk a basketball again on a 10’ rim at 6’1” and 42 years old. 

And I’m as white as they come.  Actually, whiter. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

No I just am not enjoying the snow the way I used to.  Full transparency is I loved to drink IPAs in the snow. I quit drinking nearly a year ago and it’s just not the same. That may sound sad but it’s my truth!  

The good news is I’ve lost 30 pounds, am completely ripped and can dunk a basketball again on a 10’ rim at 6’1” and 42 years old. 

I’m a few years younger and working toward getting back into shape after a few down years with young kids.  So you’re telling me there’s a chance to return to the glory days….

We got a surprise 2.5-3” last night!  A nice refresher to an aging “sleetpack” for a few days. 

13 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

You were in your glory just a couple weeks ago. You don’t need IPA’s to enjoy snow (although it helps). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

I’m a few years younger and working toward getting back into shape after a few down years with young kids.  So you’re telling me there’s a chance to return to the glory days….

We got a surprise 2.5-3” last night!  A nice refresher to an aging “sleetpack” for a few days. 

Yeah man. It’s hard work but it’s worth it. I wasted so many years that I could have been in peak shape. It started with quitting drinking. I started eating smarter and then working out harder and harder and added a lot more strength versus just cardio. 
Everyone is different but for me it was just one change that let the dominos fall.   My kids are 10 and 7 and now I can more than keep up with them on and off the field/court. Feels awesome. 

9 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Oh FFS we should have 200" by now if 10 day snow maps panned out. its all garbage beyond 3 days.

We are entering a potentially epic pattern. PV looks to potentially break off. I’m seeing strong signals for a big Miller A. It might cut but really, the GFS was spitting out unbelievable numbers until the 6z run. 
you’ve been like this for most of the winter. I know you’ve had a tough run. 

• Like 3

Looks like a lake effect band is moving in here. Miiiiight be able to make it to 4 inches if it takes its time.

It's been sort of a funny couple weeks that probably doesn't amuse winter or spring lovers. Thawing, with the snowpack slowly melting away and not much new snow...but then just as the grass starts to show, the ground gets covered again the next day. lol. Our snowpack from last Friday's system was starting to show patches of grass as of last evening, but the grass is gone again. Are we heading into another late winter "arrival" and then jumping to summer in May?

I know I am going to invest less in model watching, as I'm done with the emotional games of the models jumping north and south 100 miles with us on the line (probably why Syrmax is so down on the upcoming pattern).

Hoping for a couple more weeks of winter with some big dogs, but also keeping it in perspective that whatever we get is bonus snow on the season.