• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

5 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

What happened to our good start to March? All of that snow was projected for us as of last week. SE Ridge? :( 

Yeah I was just doing some light trolling lol I'm waiting for Max to tell us about the cutters;) yeah we have some ridging on the GFS but also some highs dropping south, boundary type events.. It will be different next run so I wouldn't worry about it lol

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_25 (14).png

• Like 1

Just now, wolfie09 said:

The next two clippers should drop some light snow..D7 doesn't look great but who knows..

d4d997c2-7c64-49de-a300-2a07062766e3.gif

We’ve seen this a number of times come south. Let’s give it a day or two and see what happens. The boundary will be close for the next few. I’m guessing feast or famine. I suspect feast for the same ones (Niagara through Kart)

• Like 2

Man, if you look at GEFS and GEPS, it could be over. Warm temps to predominate over the next 2-3 weeks. I was hoping for one last month but it seems I may be out of luck. Let’s hope things get shook up here soon. 
One thing is for certain, the LR forecasts have been just about opposite of what they’ve promised. 2 weeks ago March looked like a lock for wintry wx. Lol

12 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Upcoming pattern:

-PNA, +AO/NAO, weak MJO = not so favorable for snow

This pattern took a turn for the worse. Everyone thought we would be getting to a great stretch coming up but the MJO is in the null phases and no help from the NAO and, PNA and AO.

17 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

For my area down here , yes but no for your area but even over there doesn't look good . You guys can get lake effect snow which is a treat.

I’ve got two more ski vacations planned if you can believe that. One at Snow Ridge for around the 12th and Holiday Valley on the 19th. Looking rather touch and go. 
Spring skiing is fine- I just hope the base holds. 2-3 cutters will be problematic to say the least…lol.

Hoping on my near famous luck to shine through one more time :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

So it’s a wrap? 

Yes. Unless there's prolonged below average temps in March, snow is a waste as the temps and sun angle gobble it up quickly.

2 hours ago, MJO812 said:

This pattern took a turn for the worse. Everyone thought we would be getting to a great stretch coming up but the MJO is in the null phases and no help from the NAO and, PNA and AO.

Except NWS and CPC which has been consistent with forecasting at least normal temps for the 2nd half of winter along the Eastern US. Not that they're perfect, but there's been a fair amount of biased hope among enthusiasts.

• Like 2