• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

No thread for Monday.  The sounding provided by eduggs is helpful to illustrate a potential GFS problem.  Nevertheless, keeping an eye upon.  18z EC is a touch north as is GGEM (both shown below).  However NDFD (NWS forecast digital database) is basically nil, as is the prob for >1" (shown below).   Will rereview at 7AM Sunday but no thread, at least for now.

22z/1 WPC chance of >1" of snow continues receding southward Monday.  I know a lot of folks are talking big hit in mid Atlantic but this does not imply that at all. It defies GFS, GGEM and EC.  So unless it's mixed precip and or melting at 33-34F, it seems that some of these stronger hitting models are going to be too heavy on snow, or the WPC ensemble is far far too conservative. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 7.16.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 7.11.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 7.20.02 PM.png

• Like 1

I live near Patriots place, so you guys are in a better spot than I am for this threat based on current model guidance, but even in my area I am keeping in eye on a last minute NW trend. It has already been moving north the last few runs on most guidance, enough to make this go from sliding harmlessly out to sea by like 200 miles to a very near miss (50 miles or so). The blocking is starting to weaken some and we are in a raging La Niña, plenty of room for this one to come north.