• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

!2z EC is back for a snowstorm in much of our area from I95 inland.  Am not threading til tomorrow morning, at the earliest.  

I'd like the 00z/2 GGEM and GFS to be a little more in agreement with the 12z/1 EC,  Not posting any more 12z/1 EC graphics and will probably lay low for another 18z hours.  

The 29/12, 00z/30 and 00z/31 all had sizable snowsrtorms in part of our forum. The more recent others were to our northwest. Now the 12z/1 is back over us.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wdrag said:

!2z EC is back for a snowstorm in much of our area from I95 inland.  Am not threading til tomorrow morning, at the earliest.  

I'd like the 00z/2 GGEM and GFS to be a little more in agreement with the 12z/1 EC,  Not posting any more 12z/1 EC graphics and will probably law low for another 18z hours.  

The 29/12, 00z/30 and 00z/31 all had sizable snowsrtorms in part of our forum. The more recent others were to our northwest. Now the 12z/1 is back over us.

I would wait till later tomorrow or early Monday...........models have been inconsistent this winter so far

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

I would take the 12Z Euro with a grain of salt for now since it went from nothing to a MECS in 1 run......

Grain of salt yes, but basically it's been big event in a part of the Northeast USA every cycle since 12z/29, with 29/12z, 00z/30, 00z/31 all big in a part of our forum (5+")

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

I was talking frozen thats all we care about we don't do threads for rainstorms for the most part....

I checked all the runs back to 29/12.  

29/12 had 5-6" up at i84,  00z/30 and 00z/31 10"+ just inside I95.  Recent runs that did not were big in upstate NY.  This is not a D6 perfect prog... could still be an inside runner with a rain shower CFP.  

Pattern is in the process of evolving away from west coast winter focus into the central and eastern USA. 

• Like 5

FWIW the 12z GEFS had 5 members with good to big hits to the north and west of I95 and 2 members with hits from the city S and E.  Another member covered the whole area.  I backed out the output from what I believe will be a non event Sunday night for this forum.  This is from the Dupage website which shows outputs from 20 members.

• Thanks 1

Okay,  The following are multiple cycles of the EC OP Kuchera for our area. Consistent that something will happen in the northeast.  Where it rains and snows, definitely uncertain and I've not yet looked at EPS.

But regarding what the modeling has shown... whether it's important?  To me it is of value and validates expressing some interest.

The time of the cycle and it all ends at 12z/8 except I think inadvertently ended one cycle at 00z/8.  There is one cycle missing since it as basically a null event down here se of Ithaca. 

Also again: My thanks to the ECMWF and Weather.US for these graphics. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 2.03.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 2.03.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 2.02.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 2.02.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 2.01.45 PM.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

At this range, the mean is in a good spot. That's more important for now. 

Wavelength spacing looks like it will be important behind the storm a few days earlier. Then it’s a battle of which ridge is stronger. If the ridge east of New England is stronger then a future run could tuck in a little more. Stronger blocking across the Arctic would continue with runs like today. So several days to go for clarification.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Wavelength spacing looks like it will be important behind the storm a few days earlier. Then it’s a battle of which ridge is stronger. If the ridge east of New England is stronger then a future run could tuck in a little more. Stronger blocking across the Arctic would continue with runs like today. So several days to go for clarification.

Yeah, it looks like that one is going to set up the baroclinic zone for this one. So what happens with that one is going to be important for storm track. A bit more blocking would be nice as you mention. Kind of surprised to see that solution today TBH. 

1 hour ago, EasternLI said:

Yeah, it looks like that one is going to set up the baroclinic zone for this one. So what happens with that one is going to be important for storm track. A bit more blocking would be nice as you mention. Kind of surprised to see that solution today TBH. 

It’s crazy how many different solutions we have seen in less than 24 hours from various models, cutter, inland runner, classic snowstorm track, suppressed, take your pick lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Wow gfs gets a few inches up this way now and blasts areas further south 

sn10_acc.us_ne (14).png

I'm really not sure what to think. I heard this had shades of Jan 25, 2000 on it. 

I'm gonna assume the gfs is lost but you never know. Honestly given the warm Atlantic waters and long term trends to tuck the lows in I mean who knows what's possible.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I'm really not sure what to think. I heard this had shades of Jan 25, 2000 on it. 

I'm gonna assume the gfs is lost but you never know. Honestly given the warm Atlantic waters and long term trends to tuck the lows in I mean who knows what's possible.

yea that was a memorable last minute bust.......Monday could be a fun day watching the radars..