• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

So let’s harken back to the gtg at Funky Murphy’s in Worcester in early January 2015.   I drove pickles to and back.   The pattern was progged to change big time but the wx that day was snow eating foggy mild drizzle.   There wasn’t much snow to eat but Worcester had a bit.  BOS was way down on seasonal snow and futility was on the table-must have been well under 5 inches at that point.   I pointedly asked Will what his best guestimate for BOS final seasonal total.  Pickles can vouch for this.  Will comes up with 53 inches.  Pickles and I are talking about what a bold call that was on the ride home.   Will was wrong.  BOS ended up with 110 and change.  Keep hope alive!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, weathafella said:

So let’s harken back to the gtg at Funky Murphy’s in Worcester in early January 2015.   I drove pickles to and back.   The pattern was progged to change big time but the wx that day was snow eating foggy mild drizzle.   There wasn’t much snow to eat but Worcester had a bit.  BOS was way down on seasonal snow and futility was on the table-must have been well under 5 inches at that point.   I pointedly asked Will what his best guestimate for BOS final seasonal total.  Pickles can vouch for this.  Will comes up with 53 inches.  Pickles and I are talking about what a bold call that was on the ride home.   Will was wrong.  BOS ended up with 110 and change.  Keep hope alive!

Will just meant Jan of 2015. Lol

48 minutes ago, weathafella said:

You forget our convo?

48 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I remember that well. The pattern looked so good that I figured BOS would clean up for a few weeks. I had no idea it would be that prolific…lol. I don’t think anyone knew…what a 3 week period that was. Crazy. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I can’t remember the details but you were bullish!  It was a frustrating start not unlike this year and I was starting to lose faith…

that was a great run, better for eastern areas than imby, but still good nonetheless... my favorite stretch, again parallels to this season ytd, was 10-11, where boxing day started an epic Jan that had my roof with just shy of 40" at one point, roofs collapsing everywhere too, I had to dig a trench for the oil delivery and by the time I got to the street it was over 6', because the blowing and plowing throwing up on the front lawn, but I remembered seeing almost like rock formation, where you can see each storm level like digging for fossils, crazy stuff

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

I never waivered from my seasonal that year....it was my first one. I was taking some serious shit from scooter when things looked bleak in January...I think I had 80-90" in Boston. I was nervous,  but wouldn't budge. 

I ended up low.

25 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I never waivered from my seasonal that year....it was my first one. I was taking some serious shit from scooter when things looked bleak in January...I think I had 80-90" in Boston. I was nervous,  but wouldn't budge. 

I ended up low.

I had a FB post before Labor Day 2014 predicting record snow in Boston…lol.

4 hours ago, tunafish said:

Good luck getting your vehicle fixed, or god forbid replaced (rental, new, used) anytime in the next 3 months.  Just about the worse possible time to be in need of a body shop or parts.

My brother in law runs the body shop for a jeep dealership down here in RI. He said they have many cars that have been sitting for a few months waiting for parts with no time table to give customers. Most are understanding but as usual a few are the this place sucks never coming here again type.