Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wow . This is prime example why powder snow sucks . Sure it piles up fast , but it melts and compacts faster than a Colts team in Jacksonville . No one likes powder. Not even SpinJ

Lol certainly not down there if you lose it that fast in January.  I mean if you can’t preserve a powder pack in January, when can you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Lol certainly not down there if you lose it that fast in January.  I mean if you can’t preserve a powder pack in January, when can you?

I mean CT kept the pack , but it is just a great example of why you need water content snow to keep it. There’s a reason why the snow guns don’t blow powder fluff onto the slopes 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Really ? Most of the state stayed in mid- upper 30’s with dews 20’s / Lo 30’s. Maybe s coast ?

You need to venture out and give it a good description. That’s what I do. If I lived in a protected area I wouldn’t just give my view from the window. 

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I mean CT kept the pack , but it is just a great example of why you need water content snow to keep it. There’s a reason why the snow guns don’t blow powder fluff onto the slopes 

Well that’s not why, lol.  Trust me if ski areas could blow good powder and not sleet they would… it’s not a choice to blow wet mank :lol:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

You need to venture out and give it a good description. That’s what I do. If I lived in a protected area I wouldn’t just give my view from the window. 

Are you talking about my town ? It’s 100% cover . I was out this afternoon. Our dews stayed in the 20’s to low 30’s all day . I don’t live in a protected area. If you mean did I drive to BDL or HFD .. no I did not . But the only places where maybe they lost a lot would be the s coast. I see Shabbs dews are in mid 30’s

0.5" of sleet, 0.1" ice accretion, 0.48" LE. Dodged a bullet here as a lot of the precipitation was sleet instead of freezing rain. I think upslope cooling associated with the SW winds resulted in my spot having a colder p-type than many of the surrounding areas. 

The only non-upslope wind direction here is NE. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Are you talking about my town ? It’s 100% cover . I was out this afternoon. Our dews stayed in the 20’s to low 30’s all day . I don’t live in a protected area. If you mean did I drive to BDL or HFD .. no I did not . But the only places where maybe they lost a lot would be the s coast. I see Shabbs dews are in mid 30’s

Couple guys after my post said they lost theirs, not sure where they are though.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

My dews were mid 30s. 

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m pretty much 100% too. But I’m not afraid to say where it looks shitty. It varies quite a bit.

Just enough freezing drizzle to put a nasty glaze on my driveway.  I had two spend two hours going to town dump twice to fill back of car with the sand/salt mix they leave for residents to use.  Driveway now looks like it is a dirt road.  It really is a huge financial blessing that it is available as the plow guys we used in the past would charge $50 per storm to sand the drive for us.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

He’s got woods. I’m sure it’s fine.

It’s still full coverage here. 3-4” of dense ripe snow in most spots though maybe more like 2” in the most exposed yards on the street. Glad the ice pack is off the driveway though. 

• Like 2