Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

We need it out of the way yet not too out of the way either...lol

This has morphed into a different animal. It doesn’t surprise me that the ne system seems to be moving out earlier, but that piece over the upper midwest is a fairly recent development that’s having a big impact on this system.

• Like 2

Just now, stormtracker said:

Much like maple syrup, the time it takes for the CMC to run is slow af 

Its out to 120 (which is as far as it goes) on the old Canadian government site. Looks nice but hard to tell too much with the one map it gives.

https://collaboration.cmc.ec.gc.ca/cmc/cmdn/pcpn_type/pcpn_type_gem_reg.html

GFS and GGEM both cut the low off completely and are too slow...placing us under a strong southeast flow that blasts the coastal baroclinic boundary way west...then the low jumps due north to follow that boundary.  That "could" happen...but that's a pretty rare progression also so I doubt we are done with the changes coming on future runs.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

This has morphed into a different animal. It doesn’t surprise me that the ne system seems to be moving out earlier, but that piece over the upper midwest is a fairly recent development that’s having a big impact on this system.

Which piece is that? (Apologies, still learning to read the H5)

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Its out to 120 (which is as far as it goes) on the old Canadian government site. Looks nice but hard to tell too much with the one map it gives.

https://collaboration.cmc.ec.gc.ca/cmc/cmdn/pcpn_type/pcpn_type_gem_reg.html

It's too slow with the cutoff low to our southwest leaving us under a strong SE flow and wrecks the mid level's pretty bad.  But get a slightly faster progress or less cut off solution and it wouldn't take much to turn this progression into a big storm. 

gem_T850_neus_23.thumb.png.38e426bb3efd72c0a77b9328f8875bf2.png  

I know that models have been all over the place but what time frame is this for?  I am heading to Buffalo Friday afternoon for the Bills game and plan on heading back sometime Sunday morning.  Thanks as always.

Off topic my family is from western NY I’m a big bills Fan LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It's too slow with the cutoff low to our southwest leaving us under a strong SE flow and wrecks the mid level's pretty bad.  But get a slightly faster progress or less cut off solution and it wouldn't take much to turn this progression into a big storm. 

gem_T850_neus_23.thumb.png.38e426bb3efd72c0a77b9328f8875bf2.png  

SLP was super jumpy too. The 5H progression was actually pretty solid, but the SLP was west of where it should be. You can see the jumpiness of the low when you walk through from 00z Monday, onward. Should take a 1993 Superstorm track, not a track over DC. Split hairs with a track over even CAPE's hood would be a big difference. 

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic